onsdag 28. januar 2015

Tie your hands behind your back, feel my fingertips above your shoulders

Good morning! Yesterday I woke up at 6:00 am under the pretense that I'd do school work. Instead I ended up watching Teen Wolf until I had to get ready fro "praksis". I can't remember the last time I've watched episode after episode from a television show (well, apart from Skins, which ended a while ago). It's just those bloody endings of each episode which makes me itch to watch another episode. And Netflix automatically switches over to the next episode, so it's almost like you can't say no. I even almost succumbed to the urge to not exercise and have a shower yesterday, just so I could watch another episode. Luckily my will to stay sane and not show up at "praksis" without showering overpowered the will to not. After my shower I put on my clothes (as you do), and I didn't pull my hair out from where my jumper covered it (I'm sorry, I suck at explaining), and it looked like I had really short hair. And my goodness, I loved it. I can't wait to chop my hair off. It's going to be so good. "Praksis" yesterday was good I thought. A bit short on staff, which made things a bit busier for me, as I picked up some slack. Had to go help a patient in the midst of my lunch, and I never went back to my lunch-- or, well, dinner because I had an evening shift -- because there were just so many other patients who needed help. I overheard two patients discussing the difference in the employees, and was really happy to hear her say that my nurse supervisor and I were one of the good ones. Later, one of the patients told it to me directly. I've been getting a lot of hand shakes, hugs and "thank you's" as of late, and it's nice. It's just one of those small things that makes my day a lot better. I met Sally and Faye in the wardrobe after "praksis". I always meet someone in the wardrobe because it seems like all of the students share the same wardrobe. On my way to the shift I met Allie, whom I had a chat with until I realised I had to get changed. Anyway, after "praksis" I met Sally and Faye, though Faye had to run to her bus. Sally and I had a little chat, in which she asked me whether I'd want a ride home. "Really?" I asked, hopeful because my bus had just gone. I got changed and we walked to the parking lot. The last time she drove me home must have been a year ago, but she remembered most of the way. I forget sometimes how much I enjoy the company of Sally; we got to talk a lot during the ride home, and I went home with an even broader smile. I woke up at 7:15 am today, not in the pretense of doing school work, but to watch the two last episodes of the first season of Teen Wolf. And only because the sensible person in me overpowered the other one who really wants to start the second season, I am not watching Teen Wolf right now. It's a bit strange for me seeing as I started out reading fan fiction. A lot of the fan fiction stems from the actual show, but then there are also a lot of other things that doesn't belong to the show, hence fan fiction. But it does mean I already know quite a few bits, and it's fun trying to guess what's true or not. For example the alpha in the first season-- I genuinely didn't manage to guess who it was. Anyway, I've decided that I'm either going to spend the whole of Friday or Saturday to watch Teen Wolf. Yes, that's how attached I am right now. But right now I have to spend some time to go through my presentation for tomorrow, because I have an evening shift today as well, then morning shift tomorrow, which is the day of my presentation. It means the only time I have to rehearse is now. Have a good day, and may your willpower be strong. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar