søndag 15. februar 2015

I want that red velvet, I want that sugar sweet

Yesterday I had three drinks too many. I was regretting it this morning, but now not so much. I've not had this much to drink in ages, and like I told Marble and Ale: it's weird because usually you're more rational when you grow older. In my case it's been the opposite, because a younger me would cringe at current me and yell "drink more water". But then again I already knew what the consequences would be anyway. I can't find it in myself to regret it, because yesterday was a pretty darn good evening/night. We made tacos at Marble's and filled our stomachs to the brim, then we played Cards Against Humanity whilst pregaming. I've seen a bit of CAH on Tumblr, but I didn't actually know what the game was about until yesterday. By 11:00 pm we had all gotten quite a bit of alcohol in our systems, and it was definitely showing. I had to apply mascara whilst not being sober because there weren't any free mirrors at the time I was doing my eye make-up. So, whilst doing my mascara I was thinking "ah who cares if I get a bit mascara on my eyelid or under my eye. No biggie". Sober-me would never have agreed with that. Luckily I managed to avoid a mess. I never want to give off drunken vibes to my own parents or my friends parents. But I'm sure we all did yesterday, which is great. On the train to the city, we were chatting, and I wondered to myself if we were being really loud. You know how sometimes when people are drunk, they get obnoxiously loud? Anyway, in the end I didn't care. We went to a club that I used to go to quite frequently, but I've not been at the club for a year or so. Ale wanted to go to this club because she hadn't been before, and what Ale wants is what she gets. We all got a pint and sat down in the sofa with some friends of Ale's. By the first sip of my pint, I knew the wise decision would be to stop now when the night was still young. I'm pretty sure I told Marble I shouldn't have more to drink, but yesterday was a day of not listening to my rational side. Shortly after finishing my pint, Marble and I hit the dance floor. And it was just like good ol' times. The exception is that I had more alcohol in my system than I am used to, and therefore not completely in control of my limbs and senses. After working up a sweat on the dance floor, Marble said (or shouted) that we should take shots. When we got to the bar, she said that we should take "Kamikaze", which I then proceeded to order. As I mentioned, I was not completely in control of myself, and found myself chatting with a Swede or summat, whilst Marble was having a conversation with some guy. I had forgotten about the shot until I felt an ice cube hit me, and I realised it was the bartender's way to alert me about the shot. I took it, and then I think I told Marble I was gonna go sit down for a bit because I was feeling slightly uneasy about not being in complete (well, somewhat) control. This is where the lines are a bit blurry, because I'm not sure what happened next. All I know is that I sat down in the sofa, and I ended up staying there for almost the rest of the night. When I'm more sober, I'll usually be at the dance floor, but when I've had too much to drink, I usually find a place to sit down. The good thing about that, is that you get to meet a lot of new people. Can't honestly say that I remember all of the names, but I rarely do when I'm sober anyway. I was chatting away with some guy (guy 1) who somehow knows the gang Ale are friends with. And according to him I had asked his age twice, which I have no recollection of. After a while, he had to use the loo, and told me to keep a spot for him. "Sure," I told him, and then proceeded to look out of the window. Shortly after, a group of people approached me and asked if they could sit on the chairs opposite of me. When they did, the girl leaned over the table that separated us and asked: "hey, are you alright?". In hindsight I can understand her concerns, because I was actually sat alone in a big sofa, staring out of the window. I didn't even bother to look at my phone to at least act like I was preoccupied with something. I felt very touched by the concern, but I did tell her that I was there with my friends, and that I was just waiting for that guy to come back. A guy from the group came to sit beside me, and we had a little chat. I think I somehow told him that I should drink more water, because not long after he presented me with a glass of water, which was a really nice gesture. Some time after, Marble showed up beside me. And I think the group of people left, which is when another group of men asked if they could sit down. To my surprise, they were from a place close to my home town, and I got to use my dialect with them. I mostly talked with the guy (guy 2) beside me, and he was really nice. I've got no idea how long we were chatting, because my phone was safely tucked away in my bag, and I think I looked at it twice in total during the time I was sat in the sofa. Marble and Ale announced to me that they were gonna go dancing, and Marble asked if I wanted to tag along, but I declined. Shortly after, guy 1 from before came to vacate the spot that Marble had left beside me. "There you are!" I said to him. He laughed, and said that when he'd gotten back from the loo, the sofa had been preoccupied with men, and that there hadn't been any space for him. I felt slightly bad, because I was supposed to keep a seat for him. It didn't matter much anyway, because we proceeded chatting. But this time I had guy 2 beside me, and I was delighted to see them both chat with each other and get along. Guy 1 went off to the bar and came back with a pint and two shots of Kamikazi's for us. My brain was telling me: "seriously, you've had enough alcohol". But again, I didn't listen to my brain, and instead took that shot. Around that time, I think Marble came to collect me, because apparently it was 2:30 am, and only half an hour left until the club would shut down. We usually always spend the last half an hour on the dance floor. So I said goodbye to guy 1, and guy 2 said he'd join us on the dance floor, which he did. I hadn't spent that much time with Marble and Ale both whilst being at the club, so this might have been the longest sequence we actually spent together. Anyway, I danced and smiled-- I was just having a good time. When the lights came on, we went to the bar to ask for some water. I said goodbye to guy 2 with some kind of hug, I think. We grabbed our coats, I was grabbed by a male who told me we'd talk outside later. I was amused, and left to go outside where Marble and I waited for Ale. We took the night bus back to Marble's, and I was in bed by 5:00 am. Don't you think I woke up at 10:00 am? Well, I tried to go back to sleep, but after an hour of trying, I gave up. This Sunday morning was spent trying to not get sick, drinking lots of water, and eating minimal. It was a relief to get home and have a shower, despite finding a new bruise that hurts like hell. I'm feeling much better now, and I'm gonna go hit the bed soon so I can feel somewhat normal tomorrow. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar