lørdag 21. februar 2015

never let the pressure tell you that you’re not capable of being everything that you want

Yesterday was quite a day! Meeting up with the kilo-gang was a long time coming, and I got to see my belieber friend's engagement ring in flesh. It's really gorgeous, more than my ickle camera could capture. She told us the story, and we started discussing wedding plans. I even wrote down a date in my calendar, though it's not set in stone. I still can't believe I've come this far in life, that friends around my age are getting engaged and married. We also got to meet Sugar's new beau? My belieber friend, Kiwi and I were all a bit anxious to be honest. I only got to know about this person last week when Sugar, Marble, Ale and I met up at a restaurant. And if you knew Sugar, you'd know that her bringing her love interest to meet us is actually a big (sort of) deal. At least it was to me. From what I gathered, he was actually quite nice, so that's a relief. Imagine meeting someone important to someone, then discovering they're awful? After sitting around at school for far longer than intended, we headed home. I went to my belieber friend's because I told her I would. We met up with Darren in the grocery store because apparently Friday is their grocery shopping day. At one point I somewhat lost them in the store, and when I saw Darren, I told him "it felt a lot like getting lost from your parents in the store". I bought a pack of tea, despite the fact that I've really stepped down the amount of tea I drink. It's not been a concious decision, just like with the chocolate biscuits. I don't think it's a permanent thing either, it's just that I like enjoying my cup of tea. And lately it's felt like I've not had time for it. I also bought a chocolate ice cream as it was Friday. My belieber friend and I had been discussing cheez doodles, and our obsession with it. Once you eat one, you can't stop until you've had the whole bag. So my belieber friend came with a 250g pack of cheez doodles, and I asked her if it was cheaper than two packs of 130g. The reason for why I asked her this, is because when Lynx was visiting, we got into a habit of buying cheez doodles. I was the one to pick them out, because my sister had asked me to choose a snack. And as I was studying the prices, I was shocked to see that it would be cheaper to buy two small ones, instead of a big pack. And yesterday we realised that it was indeed cheaper to buy two small ones, though only with a tiny amount. When we got back to my belieber friend's, we had pizza made by her. I'm so spoiled I get everything served at a plate. Out of seemingly nowhere, Darren said I'd probably be a good midwife (or earthmuthr?? as he jokingly?? called it). I asked if my belieber friend had told him that's what I want to become, and he said no. Admittedly he'd seen a spread about midwifes on a magazine lying right next to me. Despite that, it was weird, and I'm convinced my belieber friend once upon a time told him, and it's something that just popped out of his subconscious. But I have to say that I'm strangely synchronised with my friends nowadays. An example is how my belieber friend finished a sentence for me yesterday. Whilst discussing with Darren yesterday, I had a realisation that he reminds me a lot of my own brother. I just felt so familiar with the unnecessary bickering, and realised it's exactly what I do with my own brother. We ended up watching a bit of Yes To The Dress, though quite old episodes. I really want to go to the shop to buy a wedding magazine, only I can't be bothered to get dressed right now. I got home around 10:00 pm, went to bed around midnight and woke up at 8:00 am this morning. My bedroom was a mess when I got in yesterday, so I spent a little time trying to clean up a bit. I've finally put my old laptop away, though it's always in my reach. I am about to jump in the shower to get ready for today's shenanigans. Kiwi, Marble and I are going to see Kodaline live! We got the tickets mid-December, so in that sense, it's not been a long await. However, we have been waiting to see Kodaline since autumn/winter of 2013, so it has been a while. Life is looking up at the moment, and I'm going to bask in these joyous feelings. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar