mandag 23. februar 2015

you’re in my head and my heart and it feels much better

Here's my new mug. It's the new album cover for Coming Up For Air. Admittedly I've not purchased the new album, though I did actually look for it in the store today. A while ago I think I wrote about my dismay about their first single, Honest. And I still love their first album (In A Perfect World) far more. That also includes choice of album cover. However, I've admitted to falling in love with Ready from the new album, so who knows how many songs I'll learn to love. Plus, I still think they're ridiculously talented. Hands down, I'd attend another concert in a heartbeat. Today was quite tiresome, and I'm guessing it's not getting any better when I feel like I'm constantly waiting for "praksis" to be over with. It was mostly tiresome due to lack of organisation. And when doctors come asking me for things, in my head I'm like: "I'm just a student, go away, don't ask me". In real like I try to find/do the things they ask me for. It's fine because they'll see it in my facial expression if they're asking for something outside my skills or knowledge. Today especially, I was in the midst of helping a new doctor, then I had to half-way do a report for the people doing the evening shift. In the midst of this, a person came to ask me about my "praksis" meeting this upcoming Thursday. In other words, my head was a mess, and I was unable to prioritise. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow, and hopefully less messy. Thinking about the day whilst waiting for the bus made me a bit mellow, then the bus even drove by. However, it doesn't seem like it's a day where every little detail is tearing down my shield. Because when the bus drove by, I just thought of the Kodaline concert, and I was cured! I realised I got to listen to All I Want live, which has been on my wish list for a long time. I've stood two and a half meters from Steve Garrigan (the vocalist)-- I've listened to him sing live. That's actually one of my dreams come true right there. As insignificant that might sound to people, I've now crossed off one of my many dreams. And that's why, despite all the "bad" things happened today, I've yet to feel knocked down. The only thing that's slightly tearing at me right now, is the fact that I should be revising. I would love to do anything but. I am actually going to take the exam, but how well prepared I'll be is another question. I've finally decided on a theme for the bachelor, and I've sent it off. Which means I won't have to think about it until I have to. That means that I don't have anything else to focus on, rather than revising. But that reminds me of something I read on Tumblr yesterday, and thought was brilliant: "Instead of saying "I don't have time" try saying "it's not a priority," and see how that feels. Often, that's a perfectly adequate explanation. I have time to iron my sheets, I just don't want to. But other things are harder. Try it: "I'm not going to edit your résumé, sweetie, because it's not a priority." "I don't go to the doctor because my health is not a priority." If these phrases don't sit well, that's the point. Changing our language reminds us that time is a choice. If we don't like how we're spending an hour, we can choose differently"

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar