søndag 2. august 2015

all these lights, they can't blind me

I woke up this morning around 5-something to the sound of wind and rain splashing against my window. I was quite surprised to look out the window and see what looked like a storm. Obviously I went back to bed and let the sounds lull me to sleep. My bedroom feels bigger, and it should, after Lynx and Grepper moved my television from the room. Lynx said: "do you even use this?" whilst pointing at it. At that moment I was mourning a picture I somehow managed to break whilst hoovering my bedroom. "Erm, like a few times a year," I answered, trying to not get cut by glass. The last time I used the television in my bedroom was when Zayn left One Direction, and I watched This Is Us and cried. But that was four months ago, so I gave Lynx a green light to remove the television. So naturally, there's more space in my bedroom now. When we were in IKEA yesterday, my sister bought a dresser, and we also bought some new storage things for our hallway. I thought to myself that buying more storage is like an excuse to buy more things. So as long as I don't have more storage place, I won't buy loads of unnecessary things. That has at least become one of my mottos. I've gotten rid of loads of things the past few days, and I think I'm going to continue throwing out stuff. It feels really nice, creating a clean slate. I have not exercised in what feels like years, and I can't actually remember the last time I did. I'm not sure how I went from being so structured and keep up the exercise regime for over a year, then suddenly just stop. I guess the motivation just left. Most people let themselves go in the summer, less exercise and more unhealthy foods. I think I did good last summer, exercised regularly and tried to be somewhat concious of my eating habits. I've forgotten all about that this summer. Today I've done a bit of stretching (I figured it would be helpful considering it's been so long since the last time I exercised), dynamic yoga and cardio. I considered doing abs as well, but I was too tired. Work awaits me tomorrow, and it's one day closer to Paris and one day closer to vacation. Who knows, I might not have any job after the summer anyway, an endless summer vacation. I told Volla this, after I asked her if she wanted visitors. I realised it's been years since I've actually visited her. She said yes, and then also told me I could always find work where she lives, move into her apartment. As if Lynx also hasn't tried. "You can work at the hospital and live in our house, think of it-- you could be close to your nephews all the time". Goodness, I don't have a plan for my life, and it's terrifying, but I also try not to think about it. Sometimes you just have to let it be, and see where you end up, because you can't always control everything. Zayn tweeted about Drag Me Down, and my heart soared. It's all good in the camp these days, I told my sister whilst gushing about the happening. I am a total loser, but the grin has been plastered to my face without me really noticing it, so you don't see me complaining. I cut my hair a few days ago, just a bit. Long enough for me too feel it, but not long enough for me to see the difference. I'm going to recolour it when I go visit my sister in four weeks. Might let Lynx do whatever she wants again. Hi August, so far you've been kind. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar