lørdag 1. august 2015

I've got fire for a heart, I'm not scared of the dark. You've never seen it look so easy

When I read that e-mail from One Direction yesterday, I initially thought it was a joke. But they provided me with a link to the new song, and I heard a preview of it, and I just didn't know what to think. The first thing I did really, was to run to Monchita. "Can you hear this?" I asked, whilst the preview was playing. "Yes?" she hesitantly answered, to my probably manic face. "That's One Direction," I said. She wasn't even surprised. It's safe to say it's not exactly the direction I thought they were going-- I thought they'd continue in the rocky- folky- tunes. It's still very much rocky, and the new album will probably be rocky. I've listened to the song quite a few times now, and I almost know all the lyrics. My favourite part always seem to be Niall's part, and it's not different this time. There's just something about his voice, and the flow of it, that makes the second verse (he sings the second verse and the bridge a few times) sound almost effortless. I do also love Harry's ad libs at the end of the song. So good. According to what I've read, the song has done good. And I'm pretty surprised and proud of the boys for finally beating the fans, and releasing their single before it got leaked. It was supposed to be released next week I think? But they decided to release it earlier, maybe they learned from how Fireproof went down. Not 24 hours later, they performed it live on their show in Indianapolis, and I'm super jealous of the people who got to listen to it live for the very first time. I'm especially proud because One Direction has been so bad at promoting their things the past few years. But this, this first single, I think they did completely right. And it was such an important single too, their first after Zayn's departure. It's like a sign saying: "hey, we're doing better than good". One Direction could have been dead months ago, if they hadn't carried on and powered through. Zayn up and left the band in the midst of the OTRA tour four months ago. They changed parts of their setlist, adjusted to the change, wrote and recorded a new album, and just released a new single. It's been four months, and if that doesn't say that they work bloody hard, then I don't know. I realise I'll always be bound to One Direction somehow, just like I still get excited about the Jonas Brothers. I just have to accept this fact. Anyway, I spent this morning in IKEA, where we bought various things, and then got home to set the things together. I am currently sat in the sofa, typing away, and eating Crunchy Nougat chocolate by Lindt. It's heavenly. My plan is to finish reading a book, reading fan fiction and do some planning for the Paris trip. It's much easier to take time to plan when you've got time off, rather than wait until I don't have time for it. I'm still overly excited to use my new luggage, coz I'm so strange. Happy Saturday! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar