søndag 9. august 2015

Don't you hear that rhythm? Can you show me how we can escape

Yesterday was a fun day. First day of vacation started off packing, using my newly acquired packing cubes. And honestly, it's so fucking satisfying looking at how organised my suitcase is. I've really been looking forward to this for a month or so, now, and it was just how I thought it'd be. Kiwi laughed at my silliness, but agreed at the practicality of packing cubes. As did Marble, and I knew that Marble would get it. We've travelled together multiple times now, and we've always had conversations about how messy it is, living out of a suitcase and never finding that thing you packed until you get home and unpack. We had planned to go to a museum yesterday, only, none of us had been attentive enough to check out closing times. So we got to the museum, realised it was going to be closed in ten minutes. So instead of going to the museum, we just continued walking towards Akershus festning, then towards Aker Brygge, and then Tjuvholmen. After walking from store to store, we ended up having some grub at Wayne's Coffee at Tjuvholmen. We did think of picking up a few things at the grocery store, then walk back to Akershus festning, but time was running out. After we'd gone to the loo, we went to the venue where we were going to watch stand-up. It was already filled up when we got there, but eventually we found ourselves some seats. Sugar was a bit late, due to her train. But she got there just in time. It was hilarious, my cheeks were hurting from smiling so much. Maybe it was the two beers I had guzzled, but wow, I thought I'd pee myself. Obviously, not all acts were my cup of tea, but that's just how stand-up goes. After going to the loos, and waiting for the rest of my friends, we met some acquaintances from school years ago. Well, they're good friends with Marble, but to me they're acquaintances. But they joined us for drinks afterwards, and it was lovely. We all ordered different drinks and had a taste of all of each others' drinks. Funnily, they were all in different colours. I went hard on my last drink: a mix of vodka, gin and rum. It was definitely noticeable. I tried my first drink because of one of the ingredients were Midori, and I was curious to taste it. I know now that it's not my kind of drink, but it was good to taste nevertheless. We chatted, and sat for maybe two hours before we decided to go. Sugar had left us an hour in, or so, coz she was going out. The rest of us decided on a whim that we'd go out too, well, try. When we got to the place we wanted to, it turned out they had a 23-age limit, which was fucking annoying. As Marble and I discussed: it feels like we never get old enough. We wanted to go dancing as well, and there's not many options when you want a good dance floor. So we went to the neighbour club, where the line was humongous, but we decided to give it a try. Our acquaintances left us then, and we were joined by one of Kiwi's acquaintances. An hour in, we were still stuck in a near-still line, and had just gotten enough of all the pushing back and forth. So we left to try another place, but the mood was kind of subdued, and we knew that we wouldn't get the dance floor we wanted. So after walking from place to place, we decided to go home. A lone Dane approached us, asked us for directions. Gracious as we were, we actually followed him to the underground, only to find that it had stopped going, then we lead him to the bus. We all got a hug each, and I concluded that we had done a good deed. Imagine being in a new country, your friends have left you, and you've no idea of how to get home. Just a minute later, we were approached by two guys who had lost their last train, and no way to get home unless anyone could drive. We couldn't help them, but they were grateful anyway. Kiwi and I were both welcomed to sleep over at Marble's, but I figured out that I could just walk from one of the bus stops, and get home. Another day, I'd probably sleep over. But I figured since I'm going to Paris tomorrow, I ought to be home and pack up. I got home at 2.30 am, but didn't go to bed until 4 am. Burnt myself on hot cheese on my toast, nearly finished reading a fan fiction. Although yesterday didn't go just how we'd expected, I really liked it, and it was a perfect first day off. Doing things on a whim usually means the endstop will be uncertain, but that's the fun in it. You don't know how things will end up. I'm glad we decided we wanted to go out, despite not getting in anywhere. At least I had a nice walk with my friends through the streets of Oslo. I always find that it's such a nice atmosphere at night, when everyone's had a bit of alcohol, the bars are pumping with life, and strangers meet strangers. I woke up at noon today. I've got to clean my bedroom, exercise, have a shower and pack up the last bits. Tomorrow awaits an exciting adventure, though I strangely enough don't have much expectations. It starts really early, so I have to somehow fall asleep early tonight. Good luck with that, I tell myself. As for you, have a good week. See you in a week, when I'm back from Paris. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar