torsdag 20. august 2015

meet you by the seaside, somewhere we both can hide

Popping a blister is painful, and you really shouldn't do it. I didn't realise I had blisters on my feet, not until I felt the sting of a popped blister. I think they were caused by my sandals, and I hadn't seen, because I was so busy going from one place to another. Oh well, these things happen. I decided to go to the mall this morning, because I'd gotten a text telling me my customised gift for my nephew's christening was done. And because I was nearly out of my face moisturiser, and because I had to buy things for Saturday when I'm meeting up with my pals. So I just figured I'd get all of the things done when I actually had time for it, rather than postponing it. Before this I helped out washing carpets with my dad. He actually built a temporary stand to let the carpets dry on. That's my dad for you. After the trip to the mall, I ate, then slung my rucksack on my back and ran to the bus stop. "Where are you going?" my dad yelled after me. "To swim," I yelled back. Standing on the platform, waiting for the train, a man approached me just as I was going to put on my sunglasses. "Excuse me," he said. I smiled, put my glasses away, "yes?". I did notice this person in my periphery, but I figured he was going to pass me, not approach me. "You seem very familiar to me," he said. "Have you been at ___ before?" he asked furthermore. I said no, told him he'd probably seen my doppelgänger. "Are you sure? I really feel like I've seen you before. Wait, are you a model?" he asked. Without hesitating I said "no". I had to laugh a bit, cause the whole thing was a bit ridiculous. He apologised for taking up my time, and I said it was fine. He went away, I put my sunglasses on and smiled to myself. What an odd happening. Perhaps I do in fact have a doppelgänger. On my way to the beach, I was crossing my fingers, hoping that nobody had taken "my" space. And I was lucky, coz it was empty. I do realise that though it's an ideal place for me, a lot of others would dislike it. And that's great for me. I'd barely found my towel and undressed before I waded into the water. The first swim is glorious. But I do have to say that I felt marginally better today for each swim. They weren't as cold as the previous days. I had to laugh at myself when I recognised several people from the previous days. I've become a commoner. I left around 6 pm, because my bladder was making itself known. Tomorrow I'm going to the grocery store with Marble, because she's hosting our get-together on Saturday, and I've volunteered to help out because I almost always do. Then I've got a meeting with Kiwi at noon. And then I'm going back to the island, where I believe my belieber friend will be. So I ought to head to bed very soon. Oh, the pictures are from Paris. If you want to get another nice view of Paris, that's not from tour Eiffel, or Arc de Triomphe, you should take the metro to Montmartre because it's the highest point of the city of Paris. It's a great, great view!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar