mandag 24. august 2015

for every sock gets a hole

Today has been such a delicious reprieve from my previous busy week. I had a lazy morning, spent my first hours lounging on the sofa with the telly on in the background as I read on my phone and drank tea. Then I finally got around to cleaning my bedroom, every dusty bits disappeared into either a cloth or the hoover. New bedsheets. I even managed to motivate myself to do a bit of exercise today, though I might have done something to a tendon. Hopefully nothing happened, but it was a reminder of the importance with warm ups before exercise. Admittedly it happened whilst I was doing a warm up, so I'm not sure how I should have prevented it. Oh well. On the airport in France, on our way home, I bought myself a magazine and a book. The book is called The Year I met You by Cecelia Ahern. I've read plenty of Ahern's books, but I realised I hadn't read her most recent ones. The summary says "The year that changed my life - For Jasmine, losing her job felt like losing everything. The year I found home - With a life built around her career and her beloved sister Heather, suddenly her world becomes the house and garden she has hardly seen and the neighbours she has yet to meet. The year I met you - But being fired is just the beginning. In the year that unfolds Jasmine learns more about other people than she ever dreamed. Sometimes friendship is found in the most unexpected of places". I started reading it that day at the airport, waiting for us to board the plane. And I finished it the next day. I enjoyed it immensely, and you know when you don't want a book to end? Well, it was like that for me when I realised I only had twenty pages left. In the print I've got, there's a q&a at the back, about the book. And Ahern says: "[...] the message is that no matter how stuck we feel, we are always moving, and transforming. All difficult moments are transitional times, we are always evolving, and becoming the next version of ourselves". The book was actually published last year if I'm not incorrect. But it came into my life just at the right moment. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar