torsdag 6. august 2015

I put three daisies in the notebook and watched the petals all fall out

"We learn the most brutal ways," my boss told me in the morning, and I thought yes. But we also get the greatest rewards. And I guess that's why we continue. I've crossed yet another day off my list, and my last shift this summer is tomorrow. I just finished watching "My kid and me" by Casey Neistat, which felt a lot like reading a really great book, when in truth it's a twenty minute video about a dad and his son. It was lovely, brought a tear to my eye, and seriously, some people are amazing at creating videos, films. To manage to produce a product that makes people smile, laugh and cry is quite extraordinary when you think of it. I sometimes think I'm twenty-three, though I only recently turned twenty-two. Marble agreed with me, said she also thinks it sometimes. It's like each year counted, then I turned twenty, and after that it didn't feel like it mattered anymore. Now it's only 25, 30, 35, 40, 45- etcetera, that matters. Maybe it's not that they don't matter, it's just that the years seem to fly so quickly away. Maybe you only stop up at the 25s, 30s, 35s--- because you have a crisis: "where the hell did all the time go?". I see a lot of illness, people dying, and one of the good things about working in healthcare, is that you often feel really grateful for your own life. You see things at work that reminds you of how lucky you really are. My package arrived at the postal office today, which is crazy. I put the order in on Tuesday, and it arrived today. It made me happy, likewise when I managed to motivate myself to exercise today. I hate doing burpees, but they do so much good to the bod, and it feels nice afterwards. My face is the current playground for a lot of spots. They rejoice on my skin, and it's not like I've got any magical cure to make them disappear. It's a good thing I've got vacation soon, less stressful things to worry about. Or, you know, I might worry more. I do easily think more when I've got a lot of quiet time. I am currently listening to Tom Rosenthal. He's very soothing, I've found. Soothing to the ears and to the mind. Good evening, and good night. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar