onsdag 26. august 2015

just the thought of you gets me so high

I think maybe I am attracted to blue, like, sometimes I pick up things which are blue without consciously thinking about it. I didn't use to watch television before, but now as I don't have school, no steady job, it's become a good friend of mine. (Well, at least these few days I've been lounging at home). I've been watching Ugly Betty, which is one of my favourite television shows ever. I still get a twinge of sadness when I remember it's done, but I genuinely think it's the television show with the best ending ever. Anyway, I've really been enjoying watching it again. Yesterday, as I was walking to Oyster, it was pouring rain, and I do love me some pouring rain once in awhile. It really does feel freeing, especially as the bridge to You & I was playing in my ears, and it started pouring more rain. I do love it when music has good timing. I've been listening a lot to Want To Want Me by Jason Derulo after I got home from France, because in our regular morning routine, was listening to a music channel that played the same bloody songs each morning. And Want To Want Me was one of them. I actually think I hadn't heard the song until I listened to Little Mix's cover of the song. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it certainly was mine. I finally managed to finish The Woman Who Stole My Life by Marian Keyes yesterday. It's been a fucking long journey. I bought it back in January, started on it, and left it to dust. I just couldn't get into it, is the thing. Some books you have to get through a certain amount of pages before you get into them, others are just interesting at once. "One day, sitting in traffic, married Dublin mum Stella Sweeney attempts a good deed. The resulting car crash changes her life. For she meets a man who wants her telephone number (for the insurance it turns out). That's okay. She doesn't really like him much anyway (his Range Rover totally banjaxed her car). But in this meeting is born the seed of something which will take Stella thousands of miles from her old life, turning an ordinary woman into a superstar, and, along the way, wrenching her whole family apart. Is this all because of one ill-advised act of goodwill? Was meeting Mr Range Rover destiny or karma? Should she be grateful or hopping mad? For the first time, real, honest-to-goodness happiness is just within her reach. But is Stella Sweeney, Dublin housewife, ready to grasp it?". I got the whole book wrong. I don't know if I was just little attentive (I'm guessing that's what it was), or if Keyes just fooled us all, but I didn't get what was happening until the last 20 pages which were read in a super speed at midnight last night. I will say, that though this is not my favourite of Keyes, she always manages to make me laugh. I'm not quite sure what it is, but she'll always have me giggling. Also, I'm very fond of the characters. They were absolutely delightful and confusing. I might go to the library afterwards so I can pick up some more reading. I ought to take advantage of all this spare time. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar