fredag 11. september 2015

I see a little house on the hill and childrens' names

If you were to ask me who my favourite character of Frozen is, then it's Olaf. I watched the second half of the movie yesterday just to see Olaf, and I have to give it up coz it's a really great movie. I wonder if the writer thought: "I'm going to break all the clichés in a very cliché-ish story". Today I spent my morning helping my dad carry our broken washing machine to the car, then fetch the new one and get it to our basement. Thought I was going squish a limb somehow, because that was some heavy lifting. Then I went to the mall, mainly to go grocery shopping. I decided today that I'd start my no-meat day. It's taken me a while because I've been trying to wrap my head around what to eat, and finding recipes. You should have seen my basket at the grocery store. It looked like health in a basket. And the thing is, I bought 15 items for a bit over 200 Norwegian kroner. I was a bit shellshocked. I did have a few things to pick up at the mall, and I decided to indulge my wish to buy a new pair of autumn shoes. I had three full bags on my way home, and it was such a relief to finally put them down. I made a kale, mushroom & chickpea soup for dinner. I used a recipe from Eight Hours, a blog I discovered not long ago. I wouldn't say I'm a good cook. I mean, I spend less time in the kitchen than I do .. anywhere else it seems. So I was surprised to realise that it tasted good. By the way, the pictures are not the soup, that's when I made jelly for my nephew's baptism. I am quite surprised by how much I enjoyed the kale, as I tried some kale crisps when Oyster and I were in Paris, and thought they were rather rank. Sadly neither my mum or brother enjoyed the soup as much as I did. "Well, you know you've probably chosen the worst audience to serve a vegetarian meal to," my brother pointed out. And it's true, we really do love our meat, which is why it's taken me this long to finally have a meat-free day. So far it's been good, and it's nice cooking once in awhile. Am going to eat crisps now, I've been craving a certain kind of crisps for weeks now. You'd think I was pregnant, what with me lying awake and thinking of certain foods at night. Food junkie, who? Fourth of September Troye Sivan released new music. Last year I remember falling in love with Happy Little Pill and playing it for Marble and Ale in our hotel room in Dublin. So of course I pre-ordered his new EP, and I've been listening to it ever since. I was shocked and proud to see how many artists that has enjoyed it as much as I. I'm thinking about Taylor Swift and Sam Smith. It's a shock because I first heard about Troye Sivan through his Youtube account, and now he's a successful artist (not to mention Youtuber and actor). Anyway, I really do enjoy his new songs, and I think I really enjoy themes with angst-y and "pining for people who doesn't love you back"-songs. My first favourite was definitely Fools, which is exactly the kind of song I like. Autumn brings new television shows, new fashion, new music, new everything. It's a brand new start. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar