fredag 18. september 2015

I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space with the air, like I don't care

It's been raining heavily the past few days, and yesterday was not an exception. I went to take the bus a bit earlier to work. I'd agreed to come talk to Kiwi who was working, before going to work myself. I was wearing my wellies, raincoat and shielded myself with an umbrella. When the bus came, it turned out that my bus card that I thought would last me until today actually only lasted to yesterday morning. I shrugged, told the bus driver to let me off then, because I hadn't any money, only a card. He asked me where I was going, and I told him. He was kind enough to let it pass. My plan had been to walk to the mall and pay for another month on my bus card. But in hindsight, the mall was closing just when I stepped onto the bus. So I was very lucky. I mean, there would be a solution. But nevertheless, an act of kindness goes a long way. It meant I started my day (technically late evening) with a smile, though the start of my shift was slightly chaotic. Though I had dreaded these two night shifts, they went quite alright. To be fair, regardless of where I've got a night shift, I always dread them. It's just the thought of something happening, and less people around to help. And when it's quiet, you're basically waiting until the clock turns 6 am, so the busy day can start. And everything like blood tests, antibiotics, drains, etcetera, needs or should be done within the time people who work the day shift arrives. It's stressful. My skin has not liked this, and it's acting out a bit. I've got today off, then I have an evening shift tomorrow at my own section/division/whatever. I am honestly knackered, because this is around the time where I've been sleeping for the past two days. And I've only slept for three hours when I got home today. I was awoken by my bladder, and then I couldn't fall back to sleep. So now I'm just going to avoid sleep as long as I can, so I can get back on my normal circadian rhythm. The cards I made is in the same fashion, as you probably can see. I painted them on Wednesday, before my night shift, and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. They've now been put into envelopes and stored in one of my boxes. I was a bit early with the cards. However, as a rule for myself I always try to do whatever creative thing I want to do when an idea strikes me. Because it's fleeting for me. And the next day the will to do it is probably gone. So when I wanted to make cards, I made damn sure I made cards. Plus this means I won't have to stress about when that time comes around. I've just watched "Stevie Wonder Carpool Karaoke" on The late late show with James Corden. It is absolutely brilliant, and it's surprising how many songs of his I know. Also it made me cry, which might have been because I'm dead tired and more susceptible to emotional rollercoasters. When watching the video, I found myself smiling a lot. And I think that's because Stevie Wonder himself is such a joy. He gives out a lot of happy vibes, and that's the kind of people I like. One of my patients was a bit frustrated yesterday, and did a bit of complaining. I told her she was right to be frustrated, and gave her an explanation to why things had gone the way they did. This morning she said "I'm sorry for my complaining yesterday. I was never mad at you, I was just frustrated and I'm sorry I took it out on you. You've only been nice, and you're always so happy". Although I spend a lot of time taking crap from patients, I don't normally get angry because I know they're frustrated over things that's not necessarily my fault. Taking your anger out on someone else is a common defence mechanism. It's not always you get an apology either, because not all realise what they're doing. Anyway, she said I was a happy person, and I thought "great! this is what I want to radiate; happiness". Happy vibes give happy times, I think.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar