mandag 14. september 2015

take comfort in your friends, everybody hurts

I've somehow managed to say yes to two night shifts at another section, division, whatever. It's where Sugar works, and though I'm perfectly aware that it looks almost completely the same, and the patient group is the same-- I won't have the comfort of having someone familiar. But I needed to do this. Not only do I need money, but if I keep avoiding things that are out of my comfort zone, I'll stay in my happy little bubble forever. It's like when my belieber friend tried to sell me her workplace, the only reason I hesitated was because it's something new. Completely different patient group, workplace, hospital, everything. But I guess I can't always stick my head in the mud, no matter how nice it feels to be oblivious to the world. Life is strange like that, I'm not happy trying to stay oblivious, and I'm not happy to take each chance that comes flying. Kiwi and I met up today so we could order plane tickets from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. The scariest part about travelling to where we're going, is the part about flying. There's been so many accidents in that area the past year(s), so I think I'm probably going to be a nerve wreck about that. We ate sushi, went to the photo shop and picked up my pictures, went grocery shopping. When parting from each other, Kiwi said she was probably going home to play Sims, and I said "well, I'm going to make cards". Thus far I've made three. They just need a splash of colour before I'll be satisfied. One of the good things about making cards, is that I have to be creative. I do tend to get tired of it, out of imagination. But this time, I actually wanted to. I suspect it's because I was organising my box of .. well, different papers, envelopes, tapes, etcetera. Whilst cleaning through my boxes yesterday, I found a bunch of Christmas cards. I make my own each year, and I guess I've accumulated a few over the years. Anyway, it got me quite excited for Christmas, and I was this close to watching a jolly movie yesterday. It was also one of the reasons I wanted to make cards. I'm running out of my favourite Muji pen, I realised this when I was making the last card, and the ink was visibly running low. My favourite Muji pen is discontinued. Also, the interior stores that carries Muji in Norway are closing down. Great for me. I don't know if it's a curse or a blessing that I discovered Muji. Nevertheless, I am going to see if I can stock up on a few things tomorrow. Also, I'll just buy the discontinued pens on Ebay. Usually, there's solutions for everything, though it's not always as easy to see them. It truly felt like autumn today, as I wore my new boots and a scarf! It seems like it's going to be rainy this week, which suits me perfectly if I'm going to work night shifts. I'm listening to The Corrs doing a live concert with MTV. It's from 1999, and they did a cover of R.E.M.'s Everybody Hurts. Hence the title of this post. And you know, just cause it's true-- sometimes life is really shitty, but it's important to hold on. Right, am going to stop yapping about life now. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar