lørdag 5. september 2015

I got a heavy heart, too much for you to hold

"what changed," you'll ask. 
and I'll say "I'm ready now, but I wasn't then". 
he's got a smile that lights up the room, and he makes everyone swoon, 
whether that's with his impressive arms, or his genuine kindness. 
we greet each other 
like we've known each other for years, when we only meet at nights. 
this time 
it's not night, and I'll say "this is strange". 
he'll laugh, 
show me that smile of his that 
automatically makes people smile back. 
we speak, chat for a bit. 
but only for a bit, because there's no time. 
when I'm on my own, 
I think about our meetings, 
count the smiles. 
does he think of me, does he. 
what if. 
"there's so many of them, it's hard to see who is real," I'll say, while you 
twirl a lock of my hair around your thumb. 
his hand in mine, 
his hands on me, 
his smile pressed to my skin. 
bodies aligned beneath the duvet. 
"maybe you should jump," you tell me. 
risk and reward, 
count the petals. 
yes or no. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar