onsdag 23. september 2015

now I'm one step closer to being two steps far from you

Good evening. I listened to a new track by One Direction yesterday, called Infinity. As with most of their things as of late, it kind of dropped out of nowhere. I guess it's their only way of not having their work leaked. Personally I think the album cover and name is heinous. Absolutely atrocious. But you know the saying "don't judge a book by it's cover"-- well, I do listen to that saying. And as Kiwi said to me, they've always had strange album cover and names anyway. So I gave the song a shot, thinking I'd be a bit disappointed, because for some reason I always think I'm going to be disappointed. Some of you might know that my love for One Direction didn't start with their music, no, the music was only the bi-product. At first listen I had a hard time trying to understand if it was Liam or Niall singing the first verse. Pretty sure it's the latter. It's not a world-changing song, and it's quite characteristic for One Direction, I thought. I really enjoy the song. There's an instrumental part that blew my mind when I first heard it, and I would've loved for it to be longer. And likewise as Best Song Ever, it gives me a strange feeling of an end and a beginning. Listening to it, I feel like being at their concert, and it being their last song. The audience are all singing (screaming) along, and they're smiling at us, at each other as the song finishes. I think it just gave me a bit of chills. In other words, I think One Direction is still a part of my life. I watched them perform on iTunes Festival yesterday, along with Little Mix who were their openers. And my goodness, I would love to see Little Mix live. They're truly amazing. I was singing along to all of their songs, which are mostly feel good songs. I went to watch Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials with Oyster today. In prior to watching the movie, I've listened to Grimmy interviewing Kaya Scodelario (plays Teresa) and Thomas Brodie-Sangster (plays Newt) on his breakfast show, and Grimmy said he genuinely liked the film. Swore on the life of his dog, which to him truly means a thing. The thing is, Nick Grimshaw is notorious for not enjoying films-- he'll pay more attention to his phone, or sleep though it. So it definitely piqued my interests when he said he enjoyed it. I only watched The Maze Runner back in April, and it was because I missed Teen Wolf, and as Stiles, who is played by Dylan O'Brien is my favourite character from the show-- watching Maze Runner would be a way of sating my need for seeing more of O'Brien. Does that make sense? Anyway, I only knew it was a movie about a maze and that was about it. Admittedly I was pretty surprised that I enjoyed it so much. And this time around, I still didn't know much about what was happening, and I don't think I will unless I read the books myself (pretty sure I won't). But I still really loved it. It was lots of action, which is my kind of thing I've noticed. The hard part is having to wait for the next movie, but there's not much you can do. I am pretty exhausted, so I might retreat to bed a bit earlier today.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar