søndag 30. oktober 2016

you held your course to some distant war in the corners of your mind

I think I somehow thought it was Sunday yesterday, because I cleaned my room and everything. So when I woke up today, I was kind of like "it's Sunday again?". Yesterday I walked to Marble's house in my costume. I hadn't put make-up on, because, well. I didn't actually want to creep everyone out in the light of the day. I brought my cat-bag filled with a bottle of gin, a bar of chocolate, two bottles of Schweppes' russian water, and my actual handbag. We made two pizzas, in a kitchen too small for five people working at one time. We brought them upstairs with a few drinks, ate and just talked, I guess. Marble had made the room really Halloween-y with pumpkins, dark candles, etc. After I'd stuffed my face with pizza, we started getting ready. I only had my make-up left, which was the hardest part. Marble and I attempted helping Kiwi putting on contact lenses. As I said to Kiwi later, it was one of the most entertaining parts of the evening. After she finally got them on, Marble and I were stood on each of our sides of Kiwi, holding her hands and telling her to breathe. "It sounds like you're supposed to give birth," Marble laughed. We went to get the cake once we were finished dressing up, and it was only slightly mortifying to walk past Marble's parents and friends who were having a dinner party. We had cake, then started a highly effective drinking game. I've not actually been drinking since my belieber friend and Darren's wedding (apart from a few ciders and beers to my meals in Spain), so it was plenty more than I needed yesterday. I think I halved the amount of my gin bottle, though Kiwi did drink some of it too. We had planned to go to a certain pub, but, well, we wanted to dance. So we ended up walking quite a bit, before we stood in a long line to a club which I've not been to for a year. There's a reason for that, and I think that if I can avoid it in the future, I will. I gave a death stare to a few people, this time, not for fun as to scare people, but because I was genuinely pissed off. People who are drunk off their asses can be the most annoying people ever. Ugh. Marble and Kiwi were strangely tired, and I mocked them for becoming old. As it is, their 24th birthdays are around the corner, so. We ended up running to the night bus (we were going on separate buses, but Marble's bus was about to leave), and you should've seen us running. I don't know about the others, but I'd spent quite a bit of time walking around in my heeled boots, and my feet were aching. We were running as fast as we could in our states, and right then it felt fast. But as I told the others, I could just imagine a car driving past. And if you'd see the run in our perspective, it's fast. But in the perspective of the person driving past, it was probably like seeing old ladies walking briskly with their walkers. At least that was the image I got in my head. Marble made it. Then I waited for my bus with Kiwi. We were all half an hour after each other. Kiwi and I were taking selfies and whatnot. No shame. I finally got on the bus, which drove fast. It was a nice change, because I usually take the night bus with Marble, and it takes a long time. I ended up home earlier than I had expected, and I washed all of my make-up off. Monchita who didn't recognise me in my costume yesterday, left this afternoon. She'd been to a concert yesterday, and slept at a friend's house. But we had a last meal together, before she left to go back to school. I've gotten all the siblings' consent to go ahead with secret santa, so that'll be exciting. I've practically spent today trying to plan a get-together with most of the Brits from the Indochina-trip, and it's currently doing my head in trying to find a day when everyone is free. It's kind of giving me memories of planning the hen-do this year, but thankfully I've kind of roped Gemma into planning with me. Oh well, we shall see how it turns out. Meeting one person is better than none, I guess. Guys, I had a jog to Marble's house to get my things. A bloody jog, which I've not done for two years. I wasn't planning on it, but I had the right gear on, didn't have anything I was carrying, and it was really cold. So I just started jogging, and my god, it's really obvious I've not gone on a jog in years. I don't know, maybe I'll have to incorporate it again. Or maybe it was just a once in two years -thing. Before I go, can I just speak about a song called Angela by The Lumineers? I have their first album, but as usual, I haven't ever gotten around to listening to their newest album. I know Niall (Horan) has been very promoting of their newest album, but again, I've not gotten around to listening to it. It wasn't until I was listening to a random playlist, and I heard the live version of it. And this time, it's not necessarily the lyrics that has gotten to me. It's the actual song, the melody, how it builds up and everything. And that's kind of foreign to me, as I'm always such a sucker for good lyrics. I don't know, I just really like it. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar