mandag 9. april 2018

I don't wear no makeup, no purse in my hands. My resting bitch face is mistaking for the mean girl

Out of the songs I listed in my playlist yesterday, my current favourite is Naked by Ella Mai, and I fell even more in love with the song when I watched the very woke music video. I really enjoy the lyrics of the song, the concept, and the simplicity of the song. I don't know why I didn't realise earlier, but I much prefer songs when they're not overproduced. That's why I love listening to acoustic versions, because the songs are stripped down. It's an art, knowing when it's too much. However, saying that, everyone has different preferences. I fell asleep very late last night, and as a result I didn't get out of bed until much too late. It's pretty grey outside, and it seems like the rain isn't stopping. I was supposed to stop by school, because one of the books I've borrowed was due back. Someone had put a request on it, which made it unable to be renewed as I usually do. One of the books I've borrowed, I've had for almost four months now. I've just been renewing the loan over and over. Anyway, I figured I'd just check if it was possible to renew the one that is due on Wednesday, and it was! Hurrah for me, cause that means I won't have to deal with the dreary weather. But I will have to spend some time reading a bit curriculum, which in my mind is pretty dreadful itself. My exam starts tomorrow, and I already feel so over it. I'm actually so out of the loop, I'm not sure how I'll manage to get in the mindset of sitting down and writing an academic text. I've actually forgotten the web-address to where our exam is handed out and handed in. Must text Carmila to ask, oh dear. I've been dreaming about holidays and reading a book that smells like sunscreen on a sunbed. I'm pretty decided on going back to the hotel I went to in 2016. Parts of me feel like I should probably find a new destination this time around, but that's not really what I want. What I want is some familiarity and not having to stress about new places. Also, this is not the exploring kind of holiday. This is a legit sleep, eat, tan -kind of holiday. I also think I want to go solo this time around as well, because it's so freeing just caring about your own wants and needs. It's nice to be a bit selfish every now and then. I can't really purchase any tickets or book a hotel at the moment, because my time schedule isn't yet decided. Once I've sat down to make a time schedule for the completion of my master thesis, and it's accepted, I can properly begin to make plans. I'm very much looking forward to a holiday, because looking at my time schedule at the moment makes me want to cry a bit. It's very de-motivating thinking about the fact that as soon as I'm done with the exam that starts tomorrow, I have to start thinking of the next one. It's in these moments where I regret being a student. But I always think that every decision comes with regrets. If you choose to do "that", there will always be some regret of doing "that". But there would also be regrets if didn't choose to do "that". It's a matter of deciding what would give more regrets. And if I were to think of it that way, I don't regret becoming a student. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar