onsdag 8. mai 2013

One Direction, Take Me Home Tour 2013, 7th of May, Oslo



I want to say my life is complete. And fuck the exam, you can go to hell. Actually, school in general can go away. Yesterday started out with the last pathology lecture (thank god), and I didn’t really listen to anything. I was too preoccupied with thoughts about the concert. Thing is, I didn’t feel as giddy as I did on Monday. Instead I was sort of calm—almost as if the concert already had been. And it continued like that throughout the rest of the day. Sugar, Kiwi, my belieber friend and I sat at the stairs to the royal palace in Oslo. Waiting for Sugar’s younger sister. And bloody hell, that was incredibly warm. I could probably lie there in a bikini, but, well, who lies on the stairs to the royal palace in a bikini? Anyway, when she came, we went down to the pier in order to eat some McDonald’s because according to Sugar, it’s a concert tradition. Also, I’ve just realised that Sugar basically decides all of our destinations to eat (er ganske sant). We sat at yet another pair of stairs, but this time our view was the water and a boat. It all reminded me of last year—fond memories. When we finished up eating, a few of us decided to go for some ice cream. Whereas I didn’t want one (surprisingly), and stayed put in my place.

I’m very fond of taking pictures, and I’m trying to slowly coax my friends into being comfortable with me taking pictures 24/7. Especially now as summer is coming along- I always drag out my camera in the summer. I’m looking at the pictures I took yesterday, and it makes me so happy. It’s always lovely to capture memories to look back on. Christ, when did I become so mushy? Anyway, after finishing the ice cream, we headed for the bus to take us to Telenor Arena. And since I sometimes (very often because I like to observe the environment outside) prefer standing, I stood the whole ride. And it made me really happy, because summer weather and architecture tends to do that to me. When we were driving to the bus stop I realised just how many people there were, and the fact that yep, we had to stand in line too. Except, this was nothing against the Justin Bieber concert. It felt like it took 10 minutes from the moment we walked off the bus till’ my seat.

And oh, my dear friend Kiwi switched tickets with me, basically giving me a great seat. I didn’t realize just how good seats they were, until it all started and all I could think was that I had to give Kiwi a hug afterwards. Initially I sat down in the wrong seat, making me believe I had amazing seats. But I actually think the seat I had was better, because there was an empty place beside me (a stupid woman had bought extra tickets and tried to sell them inside the concert) and I had more space to move around on.  Before the concert there’s always a bit of time where there’s random (not really random at all—5SOS and Little Mix for example) music playing, and of course I get a call from this delivery company telling me that “hey, we tried to deliver a package today, but you weren’t home”. And they told me this just when the whole audience decided to scream. Basically the conversation was something like this: “Hello?” “Hiiii! Who’s this?” “We’re a delivering company (shouting in the background which didn’t allow me to hear the rest of the sentence, but I pieced the bits together anyway)..” “Oh, yes, alright! ARE YOU OUTSIDE MY HOUSE NOW?” “Oh, no, not now” “I’M SORRY BUT I CAN’T HEAR YOU, I’M AT A CONCERT” “Oh, haha, that explains a lot” “WHAT?”. I ended up asking him to send a sms with the information—the shouting didn’t work that well.

During the await for them to start, the block across my seat started to do a wave. And first it was only them, but then it started spreading, and spreading. And in the end we managed to do one across the whole arena (not the ones at the floor). And it was so funny, because we were applauding ourselves afterwards. And then we just decided to do it loads. So every three minutes I stood up with my hands in the air to be a part of the wave. It was one of the coolest things I’ve been a part of, because this is approximately 10,000 people (more or less). (here's a video of what I guess is one of the first waves. The video isn't that good, and it's a lot of screaming, but still)

After a bit waiting and the opening act and then waiting again, it finally started. Although, I thought it started quite quickly, like time just flew by so fast? And wow, I actually almost started crying when I saw Liam when Up All Night started (also almost started crying when I got to my seat??). Basically, my whole experience with the whole “going to a One Direction concert and seeing them in person” has been the exact opposite of what I’d expected. I didn’t stand still, like at the Bieber concert. Nope, I stood throughout the whole thing and jumped and danced about 95% of the whole thing. In my head I was calculating how long my body could continue without nutrition and liquid. Not long, I thought. But I did manage the whole thing. Whilst I was dressed in jeans and in a jacket and a jumper beneath at the Bieber concert, I wore shorts and a tank-top at the One Direction concert. And it’s so funny to me, because I was literally dripping in sweat (oh, great mental image) last night. Whereas at the Bieber concert, where we were practically all pressed against each other (actually we were), I felt warm, but alright with the jacket on. But I guess it was because of all the jumping I did last night- I didn’t do too much of it at the Justin Bieber concert.

I genuinely don’t think I should attend concerts with great dancers too, because I can’t seem to focus on one thing? I’ve got a really dumb brain that has a hard time on focusing on more things at one time. Because One Direction are .. slightly less good in the dancing area, I didn’t have to worry about what to focus on. And wow, I just seem to find it so incredibly fascinating to see someone so big (as in popular) in person. Like—they’re actually real. I’ve basically been watching videos of One Direction concerts for a whole year now (more, actually), and it was just so surreal to actually see them. Not a screen. And I had to stop thinking about it, because then it would freak me out, and then I’d probably start crying. Because, whilst thinking of this, I got in my “stand still with my hands on my heart”-position. The same as I did at the Bieber-concert. And if I’m releasing emotions, I’ll either cry or jump around in excitement. I chose the latter. Niall and Harry were actually quite frequently at my side of the stage, waving to us. And, holy shit. I guess this is something everyone around me thought too, but it actually looked like they were looking right at me. Especially Niall, because he waved so many times. I’m just going to believe he was looking at me, and not the thousands of other people who were also waving. Basically, my dream is complete (except I really want a Horan-hug please).

I think maybe Harry did a bit of too much partying the night before. Which, oh my god, is awesome. He joined a “russebuss”, even wore a “russebukse”. And I know that’s the reason why he said “Norway is sick!” last night. I’m so glad he got to experience it—it was actually something I wished for them to experience. Like, I wished they’d come a bit closer to 17th of May, Norway’s national day. And then they could’ve seen the crazy “russ” roaming around the city. I went through Harry’s Instagram, and basically, he’s instagrammed a picture of every European gig. And it’s only in the one from Norway, where he basically said: “One of my favorite places in the world”. The rest, he usually just says “thanks for having us” (and his kisses at the end of course). Basically, I’m pretty sure Norway had a great impact on young Harry Styles. And it makes me very very proud. Liam too, confessed that he thought tonight was the best gig thus far (here's a video-- it's loud though). He was driving around in a boat shirtless yesterday. With Andy who arrived in Norway yesterday. And I’m pretty sure Andy loved it too.

Anyway, the concert was amazing. And I was jumping around all the time. And though I knew what would happen next, I was always surprised I guess? And wow, there were so much bromance, I didn’t register all of the things happening. One Direction aren’t amazing dancers, but they are five members, so I guess it’s a bit hard to choose what to focus on too. Little Things was amazing as usual, seeing as the whole arena brought out their lights and glittering hearts. And I really love the beat box-version of Little Things (here's a video of the "bring a heart" arrangement and the beat boxing). Liam is one very talented person who deserves to get more screams (positive stimulus), as my belieber friend also pointed out. I think also Zayn should get more kudos for his riffs sometimes. But his solos are just before choruses, which makes it really hard to scream for him. And I would’ve screamed a lot more last night, had I just had more voice.

Basically, within the first parts of the concert, half of my voice was already gone. Which was evident at the end of the night. That’s the second thing I didn’t expect me to do: scream throughout the (almost) whole concert. Also, I had really underestimated the screams. I forgot earplugs, but since I didn’t use them on the Bieber-concert and turned out fine, I thought I’d be fine tonight too. And I would, I guess. If it hadn’t been for the minutes where the boys “disappear” before Live While We’re Young, Niall’s speech and What Makes You Beautiful. That’s when I started holding for my ears, because it was piercing my eardrums, and that hurt. Like a method of torture. But at that point, I didn’t care too much. I was too happy to care for my future hearing ability. Obviously, I knew they’d sing the last songs, so I didn’t scream that much. But I was a bit (very) sad at that point, because I thought everything had gone so bloody quickly? It barely felt like 30 minutes to me. The ending consisted of the boys spraying each other in water, which probably felt amazing, because it was bloody hot in the arena. And the fans have been really great, bringing glittering hearts to wave with during Little Things, and bringing balloons for the end of the concert. The lads commented on this fact, and it made me really happy for the one who started the arrangement.

If I have to think of highlights of the night (other than seeing them in person), it was Niall’s speech before What Makes You Beautiful. He basically said that it was really hot in the arena. And then Liam started singing Hot In Here, and then Niall joined in. And yeah—I’m pretty sure they’ve never sung that song in a concert too, so it was a delight. Also, I’m a sucker for Teenage Dirtbag, so that was a highlight too. I just can't not rock out to that song. And then there was the fact that Niall wore a bloody flower crown. And you don't know how many times photoshopped flower crowns on One Direction members has been circulating on my Tumblr dashboard. So when he wore it, I was so surprised. And now that I look at the picture of him with a flower crown, it almost doesn't look real. Could have been a photoshopped one, except it's not. And then Harry wore his hair band from the "russebuss" he partied in. And the boys wore ski goggles on and off. Actually, everything was sort of a highlight to me, hah. When the concert ended, everyone started popping their balloons, and it sounded like fireworks. And it was really lovely. And I just really want to do everything over again. “Put this day back on replay and keep reliving it”. I did give Kiwi a sweaty hug afterwards, and I tried explaining her how grateful I am today at school.

I think I came home at 0:30 am yesterday, and then I had to get some nutrition and liquid in my body before I went to sleep. But then I started writing this document in fright of forgetting. But then I started shaking, as in when you are freezing. And I decided to go to bed to get warmed up. Except it didn’t work, and I realised I wasn’t actually cold. I was restless, and my body was full of adrenaline. At this point it was 3:00 am, and I was cursing the adrenaline for being stupid. Because I had to get up today, and attend a lecture I didn’t want to attend. In the end I fell asleep at 3:30 am—I had to force myself to think of something that always puts me to sleep. My mind was so full of thoughts I guess, that I couldn't go to sleep. And I don't want to say that this was the best day of my life, because I've had several amazing days in my life. But this is very close to the top. And I'm just so happy.

The lecture today was actually really good, and I was very glad I went. Also, I didn’t feel that tired at all. And I nearly didn’t go on my phone to check things at all. And that says a lot! Sugar and I went to praise the lecturer, because we like to do that. Just because someone is a teacher, lecturer, or something similar, it doesn’t mean they don’t want feedback too. It wasn’t until I was sat in the cafeteria, that I realised how tired I was. Holy shit, I’m going to spend the day watching videos of last night. And I have this itching feeling that I’m going to waste so much time this week, watching the lads. Oh dear. I really can kiss that exam goodbye. (Oh my god, I'm just watching a video right now, and I nearly gulped up my water, because you can see when Niall gives this sort of wave off, and I just-- I watched that. Yesterday. From my seat. And oh wow).

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar