tirsdag 9. juli 2013

don't you even try and explain how it's so different when we kiss

Hiya pals, guess who's twenty? Me! Although I did come home to a card saying "happy 21st birthday" from my mum. I told her "erm, I'm twenty, not twenty one". She didn't believe me. And I was debating whether this was the right time to ask her if I'm adopted. You see- everyone I meet always guesses that I'm Vietnamese, when I am in fact Chinese. I once had a girl (who I had gone to the same school with for two years-- not that we were close friends) start babbling in Vietnamese to me, and I though "heck, I don't even know how to speak Chinese". I interrupted her one-way conversation and stated that I'm not Vietnamese. Her eyes widened, and said "really? oh". At work today, I was chatting a bit with an employee and he was basically having a one-way 20 questions with me whilst I was mopping the floor. He asked me about school, if I enjoy washing in the kindergarten, how old I was (oh god, that was officially the first time I've said I'm twenty out aloud), where I was from, etc. I asked him to guess where I was from, already anticipating the wrong answer. And yes, he was so bloody sure that I was Vietnamese. Well, it's fun to see peoples reaction when I tell them that nope, I am not Vietnamese. His reaction was maybe the funniest I've seen thus far. He was actually quite shocked and stunned. I asked him to lift his feet from the sofa he was sitting in, and then he  said "oh, you're Chinese!" in English and then started babbling in Chinese. And I  said: "I'm Chinese, but I don't speak Chinese". I have to write this in a haste, because I'm planning on watching the new episode of Skins. Yeaaahh mate! I hope Effy sorts everything out and becomes the Effy I love. But who knows? Everyone changes. Eww, just took my iron supplement-- I've been slacking a bit with the supplements, and I cannot wait for me to finish them. Anyway, another employee that I know from the last times I've washed in that kindergarten, asked me if I wanted a pancake. And I said "oh, no thanks, I'm fine". And she was like "no, but you can have one!". In which I answered "oh, but I really don't need one. It's not necessary". I just feel uncomfortable accepting things like food from the kindergarten. I've gotten ice lollies and food before, but that was because they've actually forced it into my hands. Proper Chinese thing-- when I was in China and went to this fancy restaurant, it started pouring down with rain after we were finished. And we were totally unprepared for rain, but we just decided to walk anyway. But then some of the employees at the restaurant offers to drive us all back home. When we had arrived to our stop, we tried to hand them some money, but they refused to accept. And then we were literally arguing about who was supposed to have the money. In the end we actually tossed the money into the cat and ran away before they could say anything. Anyway, the employee at the kindergarten then looked at me and asked "do you not like pancakes?", and I answered "I do like pancakes very much, but I don't need any". And she went back to making the pancakes for the children and said: "I'm just going to put a pancake on a plate so you can bring it with you to lunch". I didn't end up bringing it with me, just because I felt uncomfortable accepting a pancake, which, sounds ridiculous as I'm writing it now. But I love this employee, she's always been really nice to me. You know how I wrote about being oddly happy? Well, when I woke up at 6:00 am today, I felt really groggy. And I thought that maybe this would be the day where my happiness would be dampened. But once I got clothed and saw the beautiful weather, it was like I'd never been groggy. And my horoscope is confirming my current mood: "the lights of your awareness grow brighter and everything appears to be on the upswing. It's nearly impossible to be anything other than happy once the Moon dances into fun-loving Leo today". I'm a believer in my horoscope when it's true-- which is like 60% of the time. I've been listening to the playlists I got from Kiwi. I've named them after the covers: "Always know that the world is a better place with you in it" and "avocado". And it's sort of nice how I don't know the names of all the songs. I do prefer listening to it chronologically with my CD player, but I just listen to them with my phone when I'm at work, and it shuffles between the songs. I'm currently loving the Call Your Girlfriend cover by Jonas Alaska. I just love Call Your Girlfriend in general, and it's one of my favorite songs to sing when I'm just singing to myself. Something I forgot to tell you about yesterday-- a kid was speaking with another kid, and I suspect they are four years old or something. I just found it hilarious, because it's a matter of course to adults, but to kids at their age, it's a hard task. He told his friend: "hey, you know what I can do? I can open a door whilst holding a cracker". Aww, sweet sweet children. Anyway, messages have been flooring in on my phone throughout the whole day, and I really appreciate it. Although, I realised that when I recieved a message from Oyster at 3:00 am, I'm a very light sleeper. My phone does the tiniest vibration when it received a message, and apparently that was enough to wake me. I couldn't be bothered to answer it, because I knew I'd actually wake up properly if I did. And well, can't waste precious sleep when it's needed. I did read it this morning though, and well, to quote her "time to pop out some kidz guuurl". Oh dear, what if! I spend a lot of time trying to erase any information about me on Facebook, and well, I've sort of removed my age and birthday on Facebook. So whenever Kiwi says "hm, I can't find your birthday on my calendar, how odd", and Sugar looks over at me knowingly, I just stay silent. My efforts are sort of ruined when my pals decide to post birthday wishes on my Facebook wall, though. And oh god, my sister is the worst. She always tags me in a post. Oh alright, enough nagging- can't complain that I have lovely friends and family. Every time I write that I'm thankful or blessed, I feel a bit like I'm really religious. Which isn't really the case, but yes, I am very thankful. Err, my sister, her fiance and their baby is coming tonight. Driving from Aalesund. Oh, and the dogs too! I'd almost forgotten. It feels like ages since my sister and co has been here, but in reality it's only been a week or so. I am warning you though, for the next week and half, I might be a bit bad at updating my blog. It's just that with work, and having family over-- my schedule is usually a bit stuffed. But who knows, maybe I'll actually be really good at updating and things. Just know that you'll probably be showered with pictures of dogs-- which maybe Kiwi will enjoy, when I think of it. Alright-- thanks to those of my friends who have sent me messages, posted on my Facebook wall and posted pictures on Instagram. It's very very nice of you all, and you've put smiles to my face multiple times. Oh, this was supposed to be short. Gah. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar