tirsdag 30. juli 2013

home is just a word without a time or place

Ah, back to unhealthy habits: chocolate biscuits and IceTea whilst listening to Gabrielle Aplin on the BBC breakfast radio with Grimmy. I'm still sad about the John Mayer concert tickets. I'm just hoping there will be extra tickets or something. I saw possibly the biggest spider I've ever seen (apart from those people have as pets) at work today. I was just about to wash a sink when I saw the spider crawling from the corner of my eye. My first reaction wasn't to scream or run away. Nope, it was to take a picture. Sometimes I like to torture my belieber friend and Kiwi by sending them pictures of spiders, because they both hate spiders. I know I'm cruel. This was really big though, so I might spare them the fright. For some reason I cannot squish bugs (except for stupid mosquitoes. Hate them). It's just the most disgusting feeling, innit? I managed to flush the spider in the loo. My day was pretty good today, despite the sad weather. I spotted two kids wearing "Gangnam Style" t-shirts, a kid singing Baby by Justin Bieber, and the most precious thing I ever did see happened. Alright so maybe not the most precious thing, but it's definitely top 15. The kindergarten I work in is divided into different sections, and in one of them there's a lot of kids with disabilities that needs a bit of extra care. But they're blended with "normal" kids (I'm not aiming to offend anyone, because who are to define what "normal" is). And today there was this kid who's about five, and he hugged this other kid with down syndrome who's about three, and said "huuuuugggs!". My heart swelled. It was just so precious. But by lunch my phone died on me and I genuinely thought it was dead forever. And it put a damper on my whole day, despite everything that prior to this happening had made my day great. And I really wanted it to pour down with rain when I was cycling home in my shorts. But it only rained a bit. My phone hasn't gone to phone-heaven just yet. I just think it had a phone-heart attack. Oh my god I must have gotten bad spider-karma, because there was a spider crawling on my wall just now. And when I tried removing it with a paper, it fell on my bed. And I screeched, because my poor bed. I managed to toss it out the window though, so everything's alright. Sugar and Marble says I've become a spider magnet. Marble says it's a positive thing. This is live from our Facebook conversation just now, as Sugar and Marble are currently in Greece. I was just thinking about my elder sister, and I thought "oh it feels like a week since I've seen her". You know how sometimes things seems so much longer than reality. Well, I counted down the days, and it actually has been about a week. For each day that goes by, I feel a bit more glum. The leaves on the trees are starting to get yellow. I actually had a little crisis at work because I was washing the window when I spotted a tree with yellow leaves, and I was like "noooooooooo, please don't come yet autumn". Anyway, I'm having a bit of hard time reading My Favourite Wife by Tony Parsons because I so badly want to read what happens after Man and Boy. I just really hope the books will arrive soon. Err, update on the Facebook conversation-- Sugar reckons I should become a ghost or a demon, whereas Marble says I should want to be able to attract snakes. I hope the sun isn't making them delirious. Just informed them that I'm using the conversation in my blogpost, and Sugar refused because she wanted to stay anonymous. So, scratch her name. It's Marble and Esmeralda. Now they're trying synchronized Facebook chatting. Alright, I actually have to go and do some reading. Or something productive.  

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar