torsdag 18. juli 2013

I said "can I take you home with me". She said "never in your wildest dreams"


Right now
Oh, er, this is really long it's actually about 3,700 words. Feel free to read, but you won't get any wiser.


Thursday 11th of July
I’m sorry, but I have the worst memory. All I know is that I went swimming. We went to a public pool, and my nephew, David and his dad, Grepper went to the pool for kids. It’s a pool where it gradually gets deeper, which is why there is a range of different ages in that pool. When I went to join them in the pool, I wasn’t actually going to sit down, because the water barely reached my thighs. But then you have some kids running around in the water splashing you and whatnot. So I decided to sit down. I was immediately reminded of why I’ve not been there for years. I hate it when there are so many people around the pool. It’s great when you’re a child, but it’s so little enticing to be in a pool where it’s impossible to swim in, without getting jumped at or bumping into someone else. I went to the deeper pool in order to swim for a bit, but again, there were so many people, so I went back. And I asked Grepper, who looked rather lonely—the only adult surrounded with kids and holding onto David in his little inflatable boat – “aren’t you going to dip in?”. And he answered “nope, I’m too tall, and it’s cold”. If there’s anything I’d like to teach Grepper; it’s to be a bit more yolo/kal ho na ho about things. But when I turned around to look at him again (I think I was staring at the other pool), he was sitting down in the water. And I was thinking: “well, look at that”. We left shortly after, because it was a bit cold, and David started to shiver. I went to the little kiosk to buy me some ice lolly, and of course David walks over to me and places himself in my lap, looking at me with his most charming smile ever. I swear, kids are so much smarter than you would believe. 

Friday 12th of July
Friday was a very full-packed day. Work from 7:00 am to 2:30 pm. Home for a shower and a grub from 3:00 pm to 3:41 pm. Oslo from 4:00 pm to 5:44 pm. Home for dinner and changing a nappy for my nephew from 6:15 pm to 8:00 pm. Cinema, watching World War Z with Brad Pitt at 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Among the things that have happened, I almost got hit by a car, I went to the coolest secondhand book/vinyl/map/whatever shop. Also, we went to a secondhand clothing store, and they sold 501 Levi cut offs, which is a total yes from me. In the store I recognized the brand Trabant because I used to be really into secondhand shops before- and I was subscribed to e-mail updates from Trabant. And well, it felt a bit like I've come to another world when I was walking the streets in Grünerløkka, Oslo. I've also had a bit of a nosebleed, which made me think that maybe I should take my iron supplements-- I was sort of thinking I could stop. I've only got four left, so what's the big deal, yeah? But I'm taking my nose bleed as a sign. I rarely do have nose bleeds, so whenever I do get them, I'm a bit wary. Oh, and the movie! Before going to the cinema, and we were waiting on the train, I saw a poster of the movie. And I pointed it out for Sugar. And she asked me if it was my type of movie. And I said no, because it really isn't. And I explained how I'm not too fond of Brad Pitt's acting. But you know what? World War Z is the best movie I've seen for quite a while. It beats the Superman movie. But that's because I found the theme of World War Z a lot more interesting, so it's all biased. I'm just-- I literally had my heart in my throat for most of the movie. Actually, I found it quite terrifying. My eldest sister admitted that she held her breath for most of the movie. I don't want to say anything that will reveal the movie, but I'm definitely giving it thumbs up. I also watched the Skins episode on Friday, rather than the day I had planned it. I figured I was going to cry because of the episode, and I didn't want to show up puffy on work, so I postponed it to the weekend. I'm so so happy with the way it turned out sort of. I say sort of, because whyyyyyyy. Arrrr, I just, it was like a perfect summary for a whole Skins season. Honestly. And the infamous Effy smirk. That was just perfect, and oh god. I love Effy.


Saturday 13th of July 
I was awoken by my sister and my nephew. Quite a bit tired, but relieved to not going to work. Also happy to see my sister (the last one to come), who gave me a hug after lifting my nephew down from my bed. Whilst I was eating my brekkie (breakfast—I don’t know why I insist on using weird abbreviations, but oh well) my dad said: "shouldn't you all hurry up? And I was looking up from my food, trying to figure out what he meant. And then I asked my sister: "wait, are we actually going to Sweden?". And she was like yeah, let's go. We were speaking about going to Sweden the day before, but my dad couldn’t drive due to work. And we were too many for one car. So I thought it had been settled that we would in fact not go. But then both my brother and other sister (not the eldest) have their driving licenses too. So, off we were. I sat in my eldest sister and Grepper’s car, because my eldest sister told me to. Probably to entertain David. He was watching a Tom and Jerry in Alice and Wonderland movie. It was a really odd combination, but what can you do? It was bloody hot in Sweden too. A lot warmer! I bought some Asian beer, a new face moisturizer and eye cream. And loads of chocolate, of course. When we got home, we had a big BBQ, and then we watched Tsunami, which is about the tsunami in Thailand a few years ago. It left me a bit disappointed to be honest; It just ended so abruptly and I want to know what happened with the people. I guess that’s what I get after watching unrealistic happy-ending Hollywood movies for years.



Sunday 14th of July
Woke up at 10:00 am. Grepper joked about us leaving the house in five minutes. I went to eat breakfast, but then I went to have a shower instead. My eldest sister, Grepper, my nephew, and the dogs went for a walk. And when they got back, we headed into Oslo. There we wandered through Vigelandsparken, because my eldest sister, Grepper and my nephew have never been there. And then we walked through Frogner, and towards to Karl Johan, before we went to eat at an Indian restaurant called Jaipur. I ate lam with spinach, and it was amazing. Once when I was younger, I used to eat at my neighbors for breakfast. I'd always eat some sort of spinach that I learned to love. And I think I was asking Sugar about it, because I didn't know what it was. I'm still a bit unsure what it is. Because Sugar is Indian, and my old neighbors were from Sri Lanka. I actually watched a Bollywood film today called Ra, and though the actors were famous, I didn't really like the movie. It made me cringe, and just blah. I think I prefer regular Bollywood movies. I don’t understand why all of the Bollywood movies suddenly have turned into “modern” themes. Alright, so I understand that in order to keep Bollywood going, they also have to go with the flow and embrace new things, but I still prefer a simple love story. Sugar once told me that maybe I was Indian in another life. It’s not such a weird thought, actually. It was actually dad who was initially watching the Indian movie— also, he sat down to watch the other Bollywood movie I watched the other week. So I think maybe members of my family were Indian in another life. 

Monday 15th of July
I’m writing this on a Thursday, so I’m really trying to remember the things I’ve been up to. I think maybe we went to the mall—another than the one we usually go to. And then we met the newest baby in the family. He’s called Kyan, I think. And he’s about three weeks old? At least he was tiny, and it reminded me of seeing my nephew for the very first time. I’m so terrified of newborns. They are so tiny and fragile, and it looks like everything could crush them. Also, my nephew David appears to love babies. I’ve known for a while, because he keeps pointing at pictures of babies and saying “bibi”, which cracks me a bit up, because I keep thinking of Oyster’s grandma. Also, I was looking after David in a baby shop whilst my eldest sister and Grepper were talking with an employee about car seats. And David literally walked to a pram and touched the baby and said “bibi!”. And I was like, “erm, sorry” to the lady with the pram, and dragged David along to something else. This was like two weeks ago when my eldest sister and co were here to attend the Greenday concert. Anyway, I bought a beautiful top on sale. It’s just so lovely I’ve decided to hang in on my closet door, that’s been weirdly naked after my ball gown has been staying at Oyster’s for the past month. Also, I bought a cropped top that basically looks like someone cut off a regular t-shirt. Nothing special, but one of the Youtubers I follow had showed the cropped top in a haul, and I figured—it’s so bloody cheap, and I can use it in this summer heat. I think we might have had a BBQ. 

Tuesday 16th of July       

Err, I woke up at 6:00 am, as I have been every week day. This was the day Stone decided to disrupt my reading in order to talk. It was actually a quite interesting conversation, despite what I’ve written about it. At the end of our conversation I said “oh, that was deep”. And he was like “yeah”. And it made me try to think when I became so open with people I barely know. Anyway, I think we went to the mall on Tuesday too—and I bought purple hair dye. The last time my eldest sister was visiting, I asked her how she thought I’d look with purple hair. And then I forgot about the conversation, until this day when my sister said: “are we going to colour your hair then?”. And I was like “sure, why not?”. Of all the days the last days, I think this might have been my favorite? I was laughing at my sister who came downstairs in my work t-shirt and my old handball shorts after her shower. And then Grepper held David in his arms whilst “trying” to catch my eldest sister. And David was laughing so much. And I was still laughing at my sister, who exclaimed that we were such a weird family. And then she tossed a ball on my eldest sister, causing my eldest sister to punch my other sister in her arm. I just remember thinking: “oh wow, I love my family” and how this is a memory I’ll remember for a very long time. Also, my parents are trying to teach David to speak a bit of Cantonese. Now he knows how to say good morning and thank you. It was rather impressing listening to him pronounces it. But I guess he’s in that age where he can pick up anything, and you have to be careful of what you’re saying. Also, it seemed like he understood my mum when she was speaking Cantonese to him as well. Poor Grepper, most of the time we’re all speaking in another language, and he’ll just have to guess or have someone translate to him. My mum even asked him to bring something from the kitchen in Cantonese. Obviously he didn’t understand, but it was funny nevertheless. We played a game of Gin and Rummy. My siblings and I used to play it all the time, like an activity for us I guess. And we taught Grepper how to play, probably in the most confusing way (four people shouting over each other, trying to explain). I ended up at second place, and everyone suddenly thought I was like a master in the game. And I was like “no, I’m really not! I’m actually really bad at this”. It might have looked like a lie when I managed to win the last round in such a short amount of time, but it is actually true. Anyway, it was really fun, and it brought out a lot of old memories. And we really had a laugh that day. For some reason, we were just all really giggly? Oh well, that’s sort of why this was my favorite day. OH, and I actually bought The Mystery of Mercy Close by Marian Keyes—so the day was definitely a success.  

Wednesday 17th of July
I went home a bit earlier in order to spend time with all the visitors before they were leaving. When I got home they were all playing a game of Gin and Rummy, whilst David was playing with his toys in his playpen. I swear, he’s got so many toys and stuff here, it’s like he’s living here full time, when he really is here about five times a year. Anyway, I got myself a pear cider, because it reminds me of a pear soda I used to love. I say used to because I’ve stopped drinking soda. But had I still been drinking soda, I would’ve still loved that pear soda. They started a new game of Gin and Rummy and I got to join. And the sun was so warm. Grepper and my eldest sister were just basking in the sun, whereas my next eldest sister, my younger sister and I were complaining about the warmth. I’m not quite sure who won, because Grepper and my eldest sister went to go for a walk with the dogs before they would leave. It’s basically a 7-hour drive from here to Aalesund. Not so short, in other words. When they got back, they got ready to leave. We changed David’s nappy, and tried to see if he would sit on the loo—but he was terrified of sitting at the loo. He could look at it, but apparently not sit at it. Oh well. He got a new nappy, and gave hugs to everyone. I buckled him in his car seat in the car, and went to say goodbye to the dogs. I love Scott and Egon. Although they are incredibly stupid and think its okay to attack a dog thrice their size, they’re the most loving dogs ever. I love to have them in my lap and petting them. I’ve not seen them since October last year, so it was nice to finally see them again.  Lastly, I said my goodbyes to my eldest sister and Grepper. And off they drove. My other sister was leaving for a festival later on Wednesday evening. And so she had to drop by the mall in order to buy a few things. We went with her, obviously, and it seemed like everyone parted their ways in the mall. Somehow my dad, my brother and my younger sister are experts at finding me. When we were in Sweden, I’d be walking alone in a shop, and then suddenly out of nowhere, my brother would ask me if I’d seen our mum. It happened about five times. And that one time I tried finding any of my family, I went around the mall we were at—and no luck. Couldn’t find them. Anyway, my sister got all the things she needed, and I bought blue envelopes to my future letter-writing.  Whilst walking in the CD store, I was just telling my younger sister about Best Song Ever by One Direction, and how I thought the song would be leaked, and then I go on Twitter-- and what do I see? It is indeed leaked. Thing is, I don't instantly like One Direction's singles? I do like the songs, but usually they’ve got to grow on me, seeing as One Direction is honestly so far from my regular music taste. The weird thing is that I actually liked this song from the moment it started? I just really loved the intro, and then the song started, and I gasped (and fangirled, yada yada). I’m not quite sure why I do like it so much. But I think it’s because it’s so much fun. And it’s such a typical One Direction song with leaps of energy in it. It’s funny because I thought I’d hate the song because of the cringy name, whereas Kiwi would love it, as I remember her defending the name. Instead it’s rather opposite. I love it, whilst she’s unsure of it. I had actually accepted that I’m probably never going to see One Direction live again, seeing as I don’t believe the Where We Are tour will include Norway. But when I heard this song, I had this surge of jealousy of everyone that will be able to attend the stadium tour. I could just see One Direction performing Best Song Ever, jumping around and just being One Direction.  Oh well, you can’t have it all. My dad drove my sister to her friend at 10:00 pm, I think. And although it’s lovely to have everyone visiting, it’s absolutely exhausting. As you know, I’ve not had time to turn on the computer the last week, and it’s always something to do. And the mess. Christ, shoes everywhere and stuff everywhere. And the worst part is that I’m always the one to give up my room. So it was a big relief to have my bed back yesterday. Although, when trying to clean up a bit of the mess in my bedroom, I sort of fell down the stairs. I was carrying a duvet and a pillow in one arm, and my sisters big luggage in the other. And I happened to be walking down to the basement on the smallest part of the stairs. And then I lost my footing, and I was already leaning forward. And I thought “this is it. Either I fall and hurt myself badly, or I’ll just jump”. I chose the latter, and jumped down the steps. If it hurts to jump from a swing into the sand, it hurts to jump down several steps in a staircase, only to land on a hard floor. My sister looked a bit alarmed and asked if I was okay. I wasn’t going to cry—it didn’t hurt that way. It’s just that my legs are already exposed for so much weight, so it felt a bit like someone was throwing stones on my skeleton. Which, wow, sounds gross. But yeah. At least I got my bed back.

Thursday 18th of July
I woke up a bit groggy. Wasn’t exactly feeling well-rested after six hours sleep. But as soon as I saw the weather, my mood was lightened. It was so weird walking downstairs and not seeing the dogs. For a moment I was looking around to find them, before I remembered that yeah, they’ve gone. My next eldest sister is coming back on Sunday, and then she’ll be here until Friday. Which means that when she leaves I’ll only have two weeks left of work. And vacation. And oh god, this is the first day I’ve allowed myself to think of school, because Kiwi brought it up. And it’s horrible. I don’t want to think of it anymore. No thanks. I’m currently sort of trying to avoid having lunch the same time as Stone? Except he keeps either being in the lunch room at the same time I’m there. And I’m like praying someone else will be there too, so he’ll have someone to speak to. I do sound like a really anti-social creature, but gahh. I just want peace, music and fan fiction for my break. Is that too much to ask? The purple in my hair only shows in the light. Also, I think it looks a bit more of a red-ish purple? And sometimes it just looks black to me. Obviously I don’t even know what colour my hair is. All I know is that I love to have a bit of unconventional hair colour. And that I feel a bit like the girl in Scott vs. Pilgrim, who changes hair colour all the time. Except I don’t do it all the time. I’m thinking of just getting ombre-hair for autumn. I had to bleach my hair in order for the purple to show a bit better. So it basically looked like an ombre, and my sisters were saying it looked good like that and that I should just leave it. But I was determined to have purple hair. My shower looked like I had painted everything purple- ha. Anyway, when I got home from work today, I went to the grocery store with my dad and younger sister. And that’s basically all I’ve done today. That and cleaned my room. And showered. And written this bloody long blogpost. Do you understand now how much time it actually takes? I can’t be bothered to read through it either, because I’m that lazy. Oh, I’ve also been trying to find the titles of the songs from the playlists’ I got from Kiwi. And it’s funny because there were so many I had guessed right artist. Which reminds me of the Iconpopsong game. I hope they’ll update it soon. Oh alright, I’m going to Oyster’s tomorrow, because I’ve actually not seen her in a month. It’s not even an exaggeration. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar