søndag 7. juli 2013

girl put your records on, tell me your favorite song

When the ten first tweets on my Twitter feed is about Wimbledon, I know I follow a lot of British people. It's hard for me to put words to yesterday. Hands down, I've never had a better birthday celebration. The weather was on our side- sun, blue sky and warm wind. I wore a summery dress and heels (!). I bought new heels on Friday- wearable ones. I've got a few pairs of heels, but few of which I use. But the ones I wore yesterday have a really thick heel, making it easier to walk in. So I even wore them on my way on the bus. Although I did hold onto my belieber friend like I was going to die. We ate at Eataly, and I had pasta. Because I love pasta. And we drank vine, although I'm thinking of reducing the amount of my vine-intake (not that I drink a lot of vine, it's rather a little amount) because my skin really dislike it. We had a fun time trying to decide where our waiter was from, because it seemed like he understood Norwegian, and spoke a mix of English and Swedish? Anyway, we had to speak English, and you know how awkward it is to switch from speaking Norwegian to English? If you try saying "Hi, I live in Rørstad and my name is crocodile". You kind of get tossed off in the middle of the sentence when you say Rørstad, and for the rest of the sentence you sound a bit like Petter Solberg. Oh well. We were probably the youngest people in the restaurant, and we might have been a bit loud. But we had a lot of fun. And my belieber friend and I were oddly synchronized in the musical area last night. For my birthday wishes this year, I wrote a list of 20 things I wanted-- because, well, I turn 20. And I'm cheesy like that. I got so much of what I wanted, and things I didn't realise I wanted either. I'm not much of a material person in the sense where I want the most expensive things in gifts. Which is why my birthday celebration last night was my favorite ever. I asked for drawings, and I got a painting from Marble. And it made me speechless, because what the hell? That was not what I had expected at all. Years ago Oyster's younger sister made a self portrait, and I found it so fascinating. And because I liked it so much, I got it. And it's been resting here in my bedroom ever since. And I have no doubt that the painting Marble made for me will go with me wherever I go. Right now I'm listening to the two playlists that Kiwi made for me. She also got me-- was it three other CD's(!!!!)?, but to be completely honest. I'd be more than happy with the two playlists. She even made me a commentary on a sheet for the songs, and I don't know which songs they are until I listen to them. And I just-- I can't believe the did that for me. I'm like laughing and grinning like an idiot for each song. I'm grateful for every gift. More so I'm just so so happy and grateful for my friends. You know what we did last night? After dining, we actually took pictures. I've sort of been nagging at my friends to take pictures at the end of Tjuvholmen because I find it so incredibly beautiful. It's actually my favorite place at the moment. I wish I could have sat there for ages last night. It's just so peaceful and soothing. I also ventured out in the water. Had I brought a bathing suit and a towel, and if the water was a bit deeper, I'd go for a swim. No doubt. It was actually really warm, which is odd seeing as it's part of the Oslofjord. Instead of going home to my own bed, I actually tagged along to Marble. At the train home she was just chatting about being home alone, and mockingly saying "I'll have to take care of myself". And said, whilst pointing at the DVD I got from her: "well, we could watch this at your place". And well, we did. And we ended up going to bed at 3:00 am. But because she was actually going on her boat with her parents today, we had to wake up early. And I was at home by 12:00 am. I had originally planned on using this Sunday for being a tourist and going to the museum. But my belieber friend is packing and getting ready for her vacation. And Sugar had plans today. And since Kiwi and I had originally planned for all of us to do this "tourist in Oslo" week (more like a month), we've decided to postpone it to next week.  I've spent the day finishing reading DU VET IKKE HVEM JEG ER by Line Nyborg in the sun, and started reading Meg eier ingen by Åsa Linderborg. Oh noo, the second playlist, or shall I call it the "avocado" playlist just ended. Alright, might as well listen to Babel by Mumford & Sons. Funny story, I got two copies of that CD. Gotta love 'em, yeah? Oh, we also had a BBQ just now. I suspect my broseph was planning on having a BBQ yesterday, but I went off to celebrate my birthday. And I think they might have postponed the BBQ today just because I was gone. Sigh, I've got the best friends and family. Life is just so good right now. Alright, I'm going downstairs to do the dishes. And then maybe watch one of the many movies Kiwi has urged me to watch.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar