mandag 29. juli 2013

the voice of a thousand whispers with answers I can't find

There is something about white duvet covers that reminds me of living in a big white loft or sleeping a hotel bed. My legs looks really tanned against the white, but they're really not. Also, yes I've got white nail varnish on my toes. It turns out that I don't own any nude or "safe" colour for my nails, apart from "Sand Tropez" by Essie. As with my very diverse music taste, I have really diverse dreams too. I dream of becoming a midwife, but I also dream of working in an office typing away documents. I dream of living in a little cottage filled with personal objects everywhere, showing off my life. But I also dream of living in a completely white loft with a madrass on the floor covered in white sheets and duvets beneath a wall painted with the world map in black and white. Yesterday I made myself a really lovely salad. I didn't realise I was a salad-person, actually I didn't realise I was a healthy-person. But instead of snacking on chocolate crackers, I've been snacking on pistachio nuts. It actually freaks me out a bit, when I develop healthy habits, because I feel like I'm losing a bit of my identity as the one who loves unhealthy stuff. Which I do realise sounds ridiculous, but it does feel a bit odd to have quit soda and sweets (except chocolate of course) for ages. It turns out that Man and Boy not only have a sequel, but it's a third book too! I've ordered them both, and I hope they'll come in the mail before I go to Aalesund. In the meantime I'll read My Favourite Wife. It appears that this Tony Parsons guy happens to be a journalist, so it was a funny coincidence to see his name on the new covers of GQ with One Direction on them. I'm not quite sure what I think of the under text on the covers.. seems like GQ are definitely trying to provoke interest in readers. Hopefully the journalist has been professional, and not mis-quoted the lads, as so many journalists seem to do these days. And don't you hate journalists that hasn't done their research? Anyway, there's this little kid in the kindergarten I speak to from time to time. He's about five, I think. And today he greeted me with a nod (seriously, he nodded at me) "washing woman". And I smiled politely back, before he went inside another room. Seconds later, though, he came back. "Erm, I meant washing girl". It made me laugh, because of course, not even a five year old sees me as a woman. Great new. I've been listening to Start Again by Gabrielle Aplin all day, and it's so incredibly pretty. I'm still sad about the John Mayer concert tickets. But Kiwi has apparently bought me a One Direction cup, which will be a nice addition to my collection of cups. I will admit that I do still miss the Coca Cola glass I got from Ale. I'll have to try finding a replacement. It's just not the same without it. Oh, my really complicated life, eh? Ha-ha. By the way, isn't Kiwi the best? I always feel so lucky to have my friends - they are incredible. Despite it being a Monday, it was a really nice day today. I woke up feeling tired as usual, but the weather was lovely except for the wind. And there's nothing like it when cars stop for you at pedestrian crossings. And genuine smiles and hellos from people you see every day. And when people hold the door for you. Or when you don't die in the traffic because of your reckless biking. It's just those little things that reminds me that yeah, I've got it good. I'm a bit sad that it's only ten days left of my summer job, no it's nine actually. I just really don't want to go back to school. It's like I feel exhausted already, and I've nearly not thought about school at all. I know it's not that bad at all, but I just really despise all the stress that comes along with school. Anyway, I'm heading to my rather white bed now. Need to get a bit of sleep, because I did feel rather tired today. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar