fredag 26. juli 2013

wherever you go, wherever you are, I watch your life play out in pictures from afar

Holy shit—time goes by so fast. There is literally two weeks left of my summer job. And then I’m actually heading to my sister in Aalesund. The plane company Norwegian has had these special summer offers each Tuesday this summer. And on Tuesday they had cheap plane tickets to Aalesund, so I thought why not? Marble and I had planned on hiking in a mountain last weekend, but there’s no mountain in a close distance, and none of us have a driver license. But as I’m leaving for Aalesund, I cannot wait to walk in the mountains. I’m just very fond of nature. I realised that when I was thinking of places to travel, it’s always something to do with the nature. Lately it’s been Ireland, New Zealand and Switzerland. I got a post card from the latter country—Ale’s been at home in Switzerland for the summer. And isn’t it just beautiful? Mountains on mountains, and snow covered mountains. It’s just my cup of tea. Anyway, thank you Ale! That was a really nice surprise to get in my mail yesterday. Had me grinning a bit manically, to be honest. I told Sugar about it, and asked her to send me a postcard from Greece. Marble and Sugar are travelling to Greece tomorrow, and although I am jealous, it’s not necessarily because of them travelling to the warmth (I’m even struggling to survive here, which makes me genuinely think I am not fit for the warmth?) – it’s because they are doing something they’ve wanted for a long while. It’s why I’m also jealous of my sister who left for Spain today. And especially my brother, who is leaving for Japan in two weeks. Ha, my dad is driving to the airport quite a lot these weeks. Travelling to Japan has been a dream of my brother for a long while- I can remember him talking about it years ago. Thing is- Greece, Spain, Japan—they’re not my dream destinations. I’m jealous of the experience, the memories. I’m especially jealous of my brother’s knack for adventures. Or well, it’s one of the things I admire the most about my broseph. Anyway, I spent Monday and Tuesday going swimming with my family. I only swam on Monday though, because it appears that I feel really uncomfortable swimming at a place with loads of people. I think it’s because the last years I’ve gotten so used to go swimming at places where there’s literally no people. But it’s so nice and peaceful. Wednesday I spent chilling after work. I’ve been working each week day, and then I bike home in the heat, have a quick shower and get ready for any adventure my visitors have decided for the day. And it’s been like this for the past three weeks, so it almost feels like I’ve not had any time for myself at all. I’ve seriously got about 900 pictures in my “summer” folder already, and I usually only have about 300-400 picture in each folder. I have a feeling I’ll spend a lot of time deleting pictures. My favorite thing is to lend my camera to another person, and then look at the pictures the person has taken. It’s always interesting to see what other people see. Yesterday, or Thursday, I spent with the kilo-gang, because my belieber friend is finally home from her vacation. And then Sugar is leaving tomorrow, so it was sort of needed. I’m not quite sure what to think of this development of our co-dependency. Haha. Anyway, Kiwi and I went to Starbucks, because that mango drink that I never seem to remember the name of is heaven on a warm day. Kiwi changed her name, and later when Sugar and my belieber friend also went to Starbucks, Kiwi forced Sugar to change her name too. Before I got on the train to Oslo, I texted Sugar: “Have you seen the rain? Are we in Paris?”, because all of a sudden it was pouring down with rain. And it’s like the weather gods like me, because it started raining a little bit whilst I was walking to the train station, but then it stopped. And just when I reached the train station about fifteen minutes later, it started pouring down. It also happened when we were walking down Karl Johan Street in Oslo. And it was so funny to see how the crowded streets abruptly turned empty for people, as everyone hurried their way into a random store. It was just like Paris. But I liked the rain, because it was so bloody warm and humid. I tried explaining to the kilo-gang why it was raining, and I realised how much I miss having geography class at school. Anyway, I bought Take Care by Drake and Trilogy by The Weeknd. They were both on an offer, and I had been eyeing them both the last time I was in the CD-shop. My little CD-drawer is almost full—I’ve got space for one more. And that’s not even all my CD’s. Oh god, I think I spend more money on books and CD’s than clothing. Right, back to what I did yesterday—after sitting down at what seems to have become our personal “Central Perk” (it’s a Friends reference, to those who don’t know what I’m trying to convey), we decided to go to the Opera House because Kiwi felt a bit sad we hadn’t fulfilled the “week of being tourists”. Sugar and my belieber friend were reluctant to go, which is not that surprising at all. I’m usually up to everything Kiwi suggests. I don’t know if I’m just a very submissive person, but I’ll usually go for any of Sugars suggestions of restaurants (it was her who suggested the Indian restaurant, Jaipur to me) and I have a really hard time of saying no to my belieber friend. Either I’m really submissive, or my biggest goal in life is to make people I care about happy. Which, yeah, probably is true. Oh, before we went to the Opera House, the other girls went to the loo, and I was standing outside carrying my belieber friend’s purse, which weighs a ton. And of course there’s this little girl who was probably about five or six, who comes striding right up to me. And when I say right up to me, I literally mean there was no space between us. And she was just looking up at me, and I was looking at her in question, and then she sort of just patted my stomach? And she quietly said “ah, now I see”, almost like she was talking to herself. And then her dad shouted at her to come along, and off she went. And I was just left speechless, because what the fuck? Kiwi said I might be attracting weird kids. Which, yeah, is such a great power to have. We ended up taking loads of pictures at the Opera House, and I would have stayed there for hours if I could. But my sister was leaving early for Spain today, so I had to go home and spent some time with her before she left. I get a really bad conscience when I’m not spending time with my siblings when they are visiting. But then I feel really bad for not spending time with my friends either. I discussed this with Sugar on the train ride home—she said to not think of everything that seriously, and that I was just making problems for myself. Speaking of Sugar—I don’t think I’ve had a friend that’s made me cry this much (it sounds like she’s abusing me or something, haha). Basically, I spent the early hours of Monday crying in a laundry room because of an e-mail she sent to me. I was trying to hold off reading it to after work, but my curiosity won. And well, if it’s not enough to look like a walking zombie at 7:00 am, I looked like a crying zombie. I’ve not had a time to write a response, but I am going to do it tonight. Hopefully, if I manage to be a bit productive. I didn’t go to bed until 1:00 am yesterday, because we had a movie night and watched Jack The Giant Slayer. It was okay, I guess. But I love Nicholas Hoult purely because he’s Tony Stonem, so I didn’t care too much about the plot. I didn’t think Eleanor Tomlinson was the best actor, but it was a nice surprise to see her face again. Haven’t seen her since the movie Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. Also, her name! I almost choked on my icetea, when I read Eleanor Tomlinson in the credits. Because obviously my first thought went to Louis Tomlinson and Eleanor Calder. You know if they were married and Eleanor would have taken Louis’ name. Hence my confusion about the name.  Anyway, because I went to bed so late last night, I was literally sleep walking at work today. Even folded cloths with my eyes closed, and I was snoozing off during my break. Which reminds me: I’ve been listening to Best Song Ever by One Direction and the live version of In Your Atmosphere by John Mayer, where he also sings Wherever You Are at the end. Actually, I'm a bit confused if they are separate songs, or if they're both the same song? I’m going to link to it here, and I hope you’ll give it a listen, because it’s been my favorite tune to listen to all week. I was snoozing off to John Mayer’s voice, and I kept startling awake whenever my head fell down. Haha, I’m guessing I was quite the sight. Also, err, I think maybe Stone knows I’m trying to avoid him. I’ve not had lunch the same time as him for the past four days, and yesterday he said: “what? You had lunch without me?”. It’s all banter though, at least I think it is. I felt a bit bad, because it’s not like he’s done anything. He’s just a very chatty person, and I’m the opposite. Oh god, I love Harry Styles. I told the kilo-gang last night, that I genuinely think Harry and I should be best friends. I just think we’re quite alike in a lot of ways; also I’d love to bomb my Instagram and Vine with Niall. I do love it when Harry becomes Niall’s personal paparazzi. I was looking through Harry’s Vine yesterday, and oh god—Niall. I was muttering to myself before bed: “what? Is that outlines of abs on your stomach? What is happening??”. Also, I’ve been ogling the picture Niall posted by himself and his precious nephew called Theo. If there’s no fan fictions about Niall and his new nephew, I’m going to be sad. Guys with babies. Wow, it’s the most attractive thing ever. It’s like when I see the dads with their kids in the kindergarten, a piece of my heart softens a bit. Alright, this is getting super long, and I still need to write an e-mail to Sugar, watch Skins, watch the youtube videos I’ve missed. Also, I have to eat. And get some sleep. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar