lørdag 20. desember 2014

Didn't you flash your green eyes at me? Didn't you calm my fears with the Cheshire cat smile?

What a tiring day, and I've not even had one piece of chocolate! I woke up at 8:30 am, after having really strange dreams I can't quite recall. Got out of bed at 9:20 am because I'm lazy, and it's my Christmas break. Had breakfast and got ready. Went to the mall around 10:45 am, and spent the next hours walking in circles, it felt like. I've counted now, and I walked trough 26 shops, some of which several times. Oh my god, I thought I was going to go crazy. I decided to have a little break, so I walked to Oyster's house to drop off her present. She wasn't home, as she was revising for her exam at the library. I got a little bit of a tour anyway, chatted with her younger brother and left with a cake in my bag (from her mum). After the short trip I went back to the mall, this time I had decided what I was going to buy, so I finished my shopping and stopped by the library to say hi to Oyster. It's a bit strange, her living so closeby. I could have bumped into her at the library earlier today, because I did stop by to hand in a book I finished reading yesterday. But she was sat further inside, so I didn't see her. Anyway, when I got home I sat down to wrap all the presents I bought, and my goodness. In total I've spent three days buying presents this year, and I'm already done. It was due to organisation, and basically down to people wishing specific things. When I was wrapping presents (one of my favourite things to do), I started getting a head ache, or it might just have become worse. Had some food and tea which made it a bit better. Then I went to the post office. Oyster asked me how many times I've been there now, lols. I had to get another parcel, and I also sent one off. Hopefully this was my last time at the post office this December. When I got home I had a little facetime session with Lynx and David because Lynx had called me earlier. A week ago or summat my mum and I had a facetime session with them, and Lynx had mentioned that she wanted a homemade bauball with pictures of myself in it. It's a present I made for each of my siblings a few years ago. So, the other week I made one, and it was sent off amongst other presents. Apparently they called today to say that it had broken. I'm not very surprised seeing as it was surrounded amongst other heavy presents. Oh well. That does make me think that the parcel I sent off today will also break, which is great. Oh dear, I can only hope. Yesterday I watched handball, and I thought it was a good match. Though Norway has won most of their matches, I don't think they've been particularly good? But I thought yesterdays was definitely an improvement, as I thought they played a bit more consistent. Before the match though, I actually decorated the tree. It's been standing bare in the living room for weeks now, and I finally sat down to decorate it yesterday. We have a plastic tree, which we've always had, though this year my dad bought a new one. It is over two meters tall. And did I mention that the Christmas decorations have gone awol? Well, most of my precious decorations have disappeared. And it hit me again yesterday, how angry I was (am) that it's gone. Admittedly I have gone and bought a few new additions because I was afraid that the tree would be all empty. It is a bit more sparse, but I think it's mostly because the tree is bigger than I'm used to. Also I've gone for a silver/red/white theme, which I always prefer. But the problem is that among the decorations we actually have, there's mostly gold and blue bauballs. I think it looks alright, and I was happier with it this morning than I was yesterday, so that's that. To be fair, other than Lynx maybe, I'm the one who cares most about the tree, or decorations at all. And that's not what Christmas is about, is it? I am off now, to drink tea and eat chocolate. And just enjoy that I'm done with presents. Have a good evening xx. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar