søndag 26. april 2015

I need you in the day when I’m not dreaming. You pick me up, I don’t wanna let you down

11:11. I wonder, do you purposely make me wait? Do you thrive when I long for your company, does it make you warm to know I'll be waiting for you at home? This is how you satisfy your twisted need to be better, to not be the weak one. Hello, hi! I've been awake for far too long today. Sometimes you just wake up wide awake, and there's nothing to do about it. The annoying thing about it, is that it sort of wrecks you throughout the day. At least I've managed to do my Sunday cleaning. I'm considerate enough to wait to hoover until everyone in the house has woken up. Agh, just had a minor fight with my dad about driving. He wanted to go driving with me today, and I didn't want to. Against what seems like everyone's opinion, I've decided to wait with trying to get my drivers license. I've heard the arguments for why I should be doing it over and over and over. But I resist. Here's a 101-lesson in me. I am not a perfectionist, I don't need everything to be done perfectly. But the things that matter, I try to do as perfect as possible. And in order for that to happen, I need to focus on only that. Maybe I could have had a drivers licence by now if I kept up driving and reading, but it would mean that I'd have to do it half-heartedly. And I would have to do the other things I've been occupied with half-heartedly as well. Maybe it would have worked out just fine, But the thing is, I wouldn't be fine. I wouldn't feel good doing all of those things at the same time. I would feel insufficient; I'd feel like I couldn't do things good enough. And I've learnt a thing or two about myself during my life. One of which is that doing too many things at once and feeling insufficient really reduces my quality of life. So when people go on about why I should get my drivers license, I think of the consequences. It's like when I make choices; what will I regret the most? A drivers license isn't something that's always on my mind, or on the top of my wish list. So why would I want to take on another task whilst my life is currently being uprooted from what it's been the last 16 years. Why would I want to add to the stressors in my life and make myself miserable? Well, this is what I've not said to the people who pester me about getting a drivers license. The highlight of my day will probably be putting on my new nail varnish! I already have it in a mini-size, but I ran out of it. It's burgundy red, and I realise the colour is mostly used during Autumn, but I've never said I follow the fashion rules. I really have to go eat something because I'm bloody hungry, you know, the main reason to why people eat. It's currently really nice weather outside, and it's still the weekend. Have a great day! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar