lørdag 18. april 2015

you might as well get it while you can babe, 'cause you know you ain't getting any younger

The past week has been somewhat the same. I wake up at 5:45 am each morning, am at school by 7:50 am, attempt writing at my thesis until I give up at 3:00 pm. On Wednesday, I think, I was really fucking tired of doing the same thing over and over again. It's week 5 of working on my thesis (technically week 4 due to Easter), and I was really angry. When I got to school that day, I was wondering if I should take a picture of "my" chair that I'm sure won't have an actual dent of my bum, but to me it will. Since I get to school just before 8 am each weekday, I'm actually so familiar with the cleaning lady now, that we greet each other. I guess Wednesday was just one of those days, and plenty more of them will come, I'm sure. But I just feel so tired, and part of me wants to be done with it already. Another part of me is rejoicing because I get to spend my days at school with my great friends. The other week or so, I told my belieber friend: this is the last bit of freedom that we have, if you think of it. That is unless you choose to not work or anything. I mean, you can always go back to school, and I'm sure it's not actually horrible to work, but eugh. On Tuesday I had a really great start of the day; A man switched seats so I could sit down. A woman gave her bag of buns to the "regular" homeless man I see each day, and I walked a few metres behind, so I got to see the happiness in his face. Yesterday was Friday, the day I had been looking forward to during the whole week. Because the kilo-gang and initially Marble was going to get together outside of school and celebrate a belated birthday of my belieber friend. It was really great, and I got quite emotional at a point. Kiwi said later that it was strange seeing where we all are now contra the first time we went out for dinner together. You know, these are the people I've grown up with for the past few years, and I don't think I'll ever be able to see them as much as I do nowadays. It's a frightening thought, but as I said, I am rejoicing in being surrounded by them. Sugar went home a bit earlier than us because poor her had actually been studying from morning until she met us, whereas all of us had been home for awhile before we met up. My belieber friend, Kiwi and I went to Aker Brygge and lay down on a sort of bench-bed. They're strange, cool little (big) benches sort of like sunbeds for multiple people. Anyway, we lay down and chatted whilst looking at the sea and pointed out stars and UFOs. It was really great, and I filmed a bit of it, because I knew it was one of those moments I want to keep in my memory as long as I can. We decided that we should all go to Stockholm again. On my way home I listened to Younger, which set me in a nice mood. I am indeed not getting any younger, so it's nice to try to do things that make me happy. I told Sugar last night that I can't bloody wait for summer. Admittedly I'll be working most of it, but for the days I'm not, I'm going to enjoy them. In a few weeks I'll even have a new nephew, which seems crazy to me. Life is just weird, huh? 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar