torsdag 2. november 2017

you won't let go, you won't give in til every part of you is suffering

After having a busy schedule, or working on an exam for days, I feel a bit lost. Once you resurface, it's like you're trying to remember the purpose of life. Yesterday evening I finally finished the birthday cards to my sisters, and I continued the creativity this morning, when I was trying to change my poster wall behind the bed. Most of the posters I've had for years because it's not supposed to be something I feel the need to change up every season. Maps are prominent, and because they're always relevant to me (who likes travelling whenever I feel up for leaving my bed) they usually stay. I removed one today, and it was a map over the most central places in Dublin. I've still got my map of Europe and a map of the metro and tramlines in Paris. Both are keepers; the first one because of practicality (sometimes I wonder where things are, and I just have to look at my map), and the latter because it's a reminder of my "first" trip. Being eighteen and thinking you're close to figuring life out, trying foreign words for the first time, staring at the public transport in confusion. To me it's a significant event in my life, the start of independence. I might still have a map of the metrolines only in my memory box. I used it so much it became so fragile, as paper has a tendency to become. If I've truly kept it, it'll be framed one day to replace the nicer one I've got on my wall today. I haven't actually done much of a change to my wall, but it's not something I want to rush either. As I said, it's not something I want to have to change each season. Longevity is the key word. I did a bit of cleaning in the house, before I went back upstairs and though "now what?". I've ordered a new book on my curriculum for the next subject, but until it arrives, I've not got any reading. So the answer was to watch Stranger Things, after reading an article about several serial killers. Obviously, my goal today was to scare myself. No, but ST has a great ability to give you goosebumps. I've only watched the first episode, but I'm looking forward to the rest. Right, I need to properly exercise today, after having slacking the whole week. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar