lørdag 11. november 2017

you got the whole of the world at your feet, but you're still shaking?

From the pavements, the Fiat's everywhere, the history around each corner-- Rome was a pleasant surprise. In a way I tried to plan the trip for my mum, because although it all started with me wanting to go away, including my mother to the trip would mean adjustments. She's a curious woman, and likes exploring every corner. I knew beforehand that she fell in love with Stockholm when we went there, and I thought there is no way I can try to replicate all the things we did there in Rome. And I think that was a part of my anxiousness-- I wanted her to like it. We arrived somewhat late when the sun was already setting, so we got settled into the B&B and relaxed for a while. After an hour, or maybe two, we ventured outside to find food. And in the venture, we did a bit of exploring. I kid you not, there is no way you can be in Rome and not stumble upon some historical sight. Our wander really did a great impression on me, and I sighed once I saw how my mother truly enjoyed the sight of the Trevi fountain. It was a very lovely trip, and I enjoyed myself a lot more than I thought I would. We also ended up doing a lot more than expected. Rome is definitely a recommendation. I wrote a diary, and it was in similar fashion as my Indochina diaries, which made me feel fond. I will type it up some day, whenever I can find the energy. Flying home yesterday was fine, but tiring because a three hour flight is the longest flights I do nowadays. We were lucky that there was a free spot beside us, but we were surrounded by a football/soccer team. I was expecting them to be rowdy, but luckily, they were quite the silent crowd. We came home to snow and what feels like Christmas. The airport was decorated, all of the adverts on television was Christmas-themed. I don't mind, to be honest. Falling into my own bed was a great feeling. Sharing a bed is fine when you have a silent bedpartner. My mother, however is loud in noise and movement. It's a miracle I didn't push her out of bed, really. I realised some day during the week, that I'd forgotten to write my weekly goals. However, I knew that I had a long list of things I needed to do today. So I put on my boots I've worn once thus far (both Lynx and Volla have used them more than me, really), and I headed out on the icy pavement. I truly hate it when the pavement gets all slippery, and you don't know whether it's safe to walk confidently or if it's actually really icy. I managed without a fall, and I did all the things I had planned, including more. I stepped inside the shopping mall, and seriously, don't do that on a Saturday afternoon. It's awfully crowded. I stopped by an interior store, and I began feeling somewhat festive, and started planning the table setting for Christmas Eve. Normally I try to stave off any Christmas-feelings before December, but I haven't had any Christmas spirit in years, so I think I'm actually just going to let myself do whatever. Ideally I would've started reading curriculum today, but instead I've watched old GBBO-episodes and relaxed with tea. I'll start tomorrow, even on a Sunday considering I've had time off for a week. I'm even looking forward to it, a little. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar