mandag 13. november 2017

Boy I want you, not allowed to. You have someone that loves you

I had a rather boring lecture today-- well, mostly the lecturer was unorganised, tried being pedagogical but didn't succeed, and assumed people would understand. And when she realised we didn't, she barged on, saying "it's not so important". I don't think I heard anything the last two hours, and it's the first time I've felt this about a lecture for years. It's annoying, because you're essentially wasting hours. It's a rather heavy subject as well, so the reading is not so pleasant. But it's mandatory, and vital for the group project-- the project Carmila and I haven't found group members for. The deadline to having a group is tomorrow. So that's another stressor to my life. Yesterday I was kinda decided on not doing any exercise, but then I did a last minute session, a new routine. So although I didn't exercise for as long as I usually do, I'm fairly pleased that I managed to push myself to do something. It's a hard thing to be able to do, and sometimes you don't manage. Today is a perfect example of a day where I just want to go to bed and not do anything. My head feels rather sensitive, and not far off from a headache, but I honestly don't have time for a break now. So I'm going to do a few chapters of reading. In comparison to a lot of other students at the moment, I have a rather manageable stressload. My exams have been split up, which means I haven't had to put all my stress into one exam. And for that I am hugely grateful, because I know how tough it is to sit revising day and night until you want to cry. Small things like that makes things a bit brighter, and I know that even in a day I'll feel a lot better. Thoughts that have been running around my head today will be thought through by tomorrow, and my brain will accept what is. It's like when you feel like there's a thousand things you have to do, and there's not nearly enough time. And maybe it isn't time for everything, but sitting down and either thinking of them or writing the things down will make it easier to organise your thoughts. And sometimes you might realise it wasn't as much as you thought, and you'll manage it fine. Other times you find that you'll have to prioritise something, and lose something in order to manage all of it. Regardless, it slows down the panic. I imagine it's like bingo, where the thoughts are the balls in the tumbler. They're many, and they're in motion, hard to have an overview. But once the bingo caller stops the tumbler, takes out a ball, it's like you stop the motion of your thoughts. And taking out a ball equals writing down a thought. Slowly, doing this to all of the thoughts going around, you reach a calmer state. Sorry, this analogy might just make sense for me, as my brain is a strange place to be. Also, I really ought to use my brain for reading. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar