lørdag 17. mars 2012

must be a devil between us, or whores in my head


I forgot to bring my camera to the birthday-party, and I was debating whether I should take the bus back home, or just go without. I decided to go without, which lead to me having slightly abstinence. Luckily I had the pleasure to borrow another camera. But still, it means I'm left with no pictures. Anyway, it was a good day. I watched How I Met Your Mother, and hang out with friends, ate cake and cupcakes, and sang Singstar. And I've made it a habit to read my daily horoscope after the day is over, in order to check if something was true. It really is amusing. Even if it's wrong 90% of the time, I still find myself in awe when it's right. But I guess, if you don't believe in magic, you'll never experience it.

This is not general surgery on a miniature scale. These are the tiny humans. These are children. They believe in magic. They play pretend. There is fairy dust in their IV bags. They hope, and they cross their fingers, and they make wishes, and that makes them more resilient than adults. They recover faster, survive worse. They believe. (Greys Anatomy, Season 6, "Invest In Love"). 



When you grow older, you tend to rationalise everything. You do an action based on rational arguments. Well, this is how it is in the western world at least, where everything should be based on facts. If it's not proven by science, it's not worth believing. And I guess that is good sometimes - think about all the actions through the history that has been based on religion. I live in Norway, and it's been ranked as the best country to live in for several years. But there are a lot of depressed people in this country, and you'd think it would be the opposite, as it is a very rich country with a welfare state. But I also get it. Where you find smart people, you will most likely find depression. It's the luxury to sit down and dwell about world problems, and just really think, that makes you depressed. At least, that's what I think. Hm.. I think I need to go to sleep now. Enough philosophy for a day.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar