lørdag 31. mars 2012

simple song


(Photo: click here!) 
It's earth hour today. And in about 15 minutes, I'm shutting the lights. Are you? It's a very simple thing to do. And all the dares about doing environment friendly things are very amusing. However, I wish these things weren't a once a year thing. I think I'm going to try biking to school as much as I can this last semester, though the bus is also a much more environment friendly thing than driving a car. I will also try to buy less things. At least less new things. Recycle is the key word. I might even start buying music from the internet rather than buying in shops. Books, however, I don't think I can stop buying. I also know that stopping being a consumer of all these things will make bigger problems, which is a proof of how intertwined the economy is. However, if that's what it takes in order to try saving the planet, then why not? Wouldn't it be nice to wake up and be bombarded with news that global warming isn't as bad as we had thought, and that our grandchildren can live without worries of dying of natural disasters? At least I think so.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar