lørdag 19. oktober 2013

they were kids that I once knew

The moon was really bright last night. Full moon. Almost thought there was another football match, seeing as we can always spot the lights at the stadium from our house. But I realised that there couldn't be an ongoing match at midnight. The weather is properly autumnal today, leaves falling to the ground like it was rain, and the thermometer showing degrees below zero. I'm currently trying to enjoy some bits of chocolate with tea (chocolate is always best with tea in my opinion), but it appears that chocolate doesn't go well with my stomach today. I should be jumping in the shower now (not literally), actually, I should have done that hours ago. But I'm always lazy when it comes to showers on the weekends. My plans for today include hanging with Marble, if not more people. You know what? On Thursday they put out more tickets for the John Mayer show. I was a bit (very much) peeved at that, because Gabrielle! But to be fair, I wouldn't have been able to attend anyway. I had the late shift at "praksis", and I would actually chose "praksis" over the concert. But still, I would really like to listen to the angelic voice of Gabrielle Aplin in real life. I was listening to Take Care (the album) by Drake last night, and I felt a bit somber over how much I love the album, whereas I'm not so keen on the new album. That's the thing though, whenever it's been a long time between the making of albums, artists tend to move towards new sounds. Like Justin Bieber actually-- I was not expecting this kind of sound from him. I was expecting more beat and like more mainstream, the songs you listen to on the radio. But his new sound is really chill, and surprisingly right up my street. My point is that I'm always a bit scared whenever my favorite artists makes new albums because I'm afraid it'll be disappointing to me. Especially if I loved their previous album(s). I don't know if you've realised, but it's two months until Christmas. Which means yikes, I've got to start on Christmas shopping. I'm usually really early with them, but it's been forgotten this year, I guess. There are several songs I just can't stop myself from grinning whenever I listen to them. Yesterday I was gladly surprised to hear Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners in a playlist on 8tracks, and it made me laugh. Because I really do love that song, and it makes me think of both The Perks of Being A Wallflower and weirdly, Nick Grimshaw's mum. Alright, I actually have to get in the shower now. Have a nice Saturday, and enjoy it. Do something that makes you happy, and whenever you feel happy, stop to think about it. The more you acknowledge the fact that you're happy, the happier you will become. It's true. We go on in life with it's ups and downs, and mostly we only remember the downs, which makes us think that life sucks quite a bit. We forget about the good moments, because we don't necessarily stop to think of them, don't really count them. And within that lies the problem. So yes, remember to acknowledge the happy moments and count your blessings. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar