søndag 13. oktober 2013

Wake up to the sound of your fleeting heart. When you go, what you leave is a work of art on my chest

So, I went on a shopping spree yesterday. And I was wrong about the timing of my last purchase of an clothing item. My last purchase of an clothing item was back in August when I bought the dress for my sisters wedding, but it's not here. Which is why I didn't remember it. But I don't think that counts really, since I've not even got it here, and I'm not going to wear it until Easter next year. Yesterday my goal was to buy myself a pair of new black jeans and a coat. I'd not realised that all the trains were cancelled yesterday, so I spent a lot of time queuing for the bus. I hope no one lost their planes and whatnot. Apart from that, I wasn't too bothered like the people waiting in line behind me. Honestly, I just really hate it when people complain about things that are inevitable and unchangeable. It's like "god, it's already happened, and your sulking and moaning won't change that". I almost wanted to slap her. Anyway, after trudging up Karl Johans gate-- I don't understand how I managed to convince myself that there wouldn't be many people out at lunchtime on a Saturday, I found the first thing on my shopping list-- my jeans. They're Cheap Monday jeans as per usual. It's not that Cheap Monday jeans are better than everything else, but it's the jeans I've been buying for years now, and they've all lasted me so greatly. Plus they fit me, which has always been a problem for me. Out of the six pair of jeans hanging in my closet, it's only one that's not Cheap Monday. And I have an itching feeling that it'll rip soon. I think that's the thing about the years between 16 and 20. You forget that you're still growing, because it happens so slowly, it goes unnoticed, until you find that your old favorite jeans don't fit anymore. I also bought myself a new tote bag, because the last time I bought one for myself was ages ago, and I use them like no other. I was searching for a coat everywhere whilst walking up Karl Johans Gate in Oslo, but I couldn't find one. And I almost gave up, but I've been wanting one for so long. And I've not given in and bought something I really want for ages, so I went ahead to Bogstadveien. And when walking up Bogstadveien, there must have been some kind of event going on, because the streets were filled with stalls, and the traffic must have been a bitch. I'm not so very fond of big crowds of people, believe it or not. I'm not claustrophobic (unless I'm trapped inside something and gasping for air, cue montage of Ryan Reynolds in Buried), but I just prefer walking around when there are less people in the streets, which is probably why I appreciate Oslo most at nights. Anyway, the street was filled to the brink with posh people. It's like they've all got a certain uniform-- quilted jackets, which I honestly think is really pretty. But they also combine with a pair of jeans and Uggs. Even like the 10-year olds. And it makes me cringe a bit. But you know, each to their taste. Anyway, back to my hunt: I went through Monki, Weekday, Zara, Bik Bok-- and none of them had the coat I was looking for. I did initially want a black coat from Bik Bok, but it was sold out everywhere. So when I got to H&M in Bogstadveien, I had given up. And I just wanted to buy something to console myself. The nice things about the H&M in Bogstadveien is that it's three floors, and they've got a really great selection plus a floor for home ware. So I found this coat from H&M, which I would probably never had tried on if I wasn't this desperate. It's just that whenever I see a collar like that, I usually think N.O. But I tried it on, and I fell in love, and it was just everything I wanted. It does look a bit posh on, I've figured. But not in the sense of where I feel like cringing. It's nice, how it clashes a bit with my more casual style. The lining is just so very simple and sleek, and the length suits me. That's the thing, most coats tends to be a bit on the longer side, which looks nice on tall people. But on me, they usually look drenching. It's a wool blend, and it's got big pockets. I'm just really in love with it. Also, I think I'm gravitating towards black. I don't think I usually wear black things that often, but I'm really liking it. Feel like only wearing black, but I guess that's not going to last very long. I get sick of things very quickly. Like the length of my hair. I sort of want to cut it short, but I'm supposed to save it for the wedding of my sister. Apart from this, I've honestly not felt so good about myself in ages. Like I've not had time to take care of myself. And it's true-- I keep tending to schoolwork, friends, and everything else. So when I had a proper pampering session on Friday, and Saturday for myself to shop, it felt so nice. Just thinking of myself and not having to think of everything I'm supposed to do. I did end up buying a bit more bits and bobs, including a toy for my nephew's birthday. At that time I'd gotten back from Oslo, and I was at the mall where I live. And maybe I shouldn't have been surprised, but I bumped into Marble, who, not surprisingly was shopping. I somewhat helped her decide between a knit jumper (meaning I was no help at all). When parting our ways-- she to the car with her awaiting parents, me to the grocery store to stock up on some tea-- we agreed that we should go out for Halloween this year, since we're all of age now. Wow, this blogpost has become really long. And if you've read this far, then congratulations to you. I'm genuinely impressed! I woke up at 8:00 am today, completely by myself. I was wide awake, and I knew it was because I was hungry, because I'd gone to bed hungry last night. It's just that at 1:00 am, it's not the best idea to go for a meal. So when I finally did get some food to fill my belly, my eyes started drooping again. And that should be a testimony for Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Friday night I realised that I still had to write a log, but I ignored it, and figured I'd do it today. And now here we are, I've been up for six hours already, and I've not written it yet. Just been procrastinating, and having discussions on Tumblr and being sassy. Goodness gracious, did I even ever rant about the pictures of Liam Payne nearly having his wang out? Whenever Payno has a clean shave, and he's smiling with these crinkles in his eyes, he looks like a proper golden retriever. Like the most precious boy ever. But yeah, the other day his boxers were stolen right off his balcony, and this girl(s) even tried breaking in, and so Liam had to yell for his security, and he was apparently too preoccupied with getting outside and see what was going on, instead of properly pull up his joggers that he'd slipped on. So now there's pictures of him shirtless with his joggers hanging low on his hips. It's quite revealing and I gaped when I saw the pictures. And then proceeded to ogle for a good 10 minutes. If you want to see, then here it is. Anyway, I just really want this week to go quickly. I know you're supposed to enjoy life and all, but I'm just so sick of "praksis" right now. At least this has made me look forward to school. Oh alright, I should probably start writing now. Have a nice Sunday. Enjoy the autumnal weather. It's really nice her, all sunny and somewhat warm. Who knows, the snow might surprise us early this year. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar