fredag 22. august 2014

I know I'm not your only. But I'll still be a fool, cause I'm a fool for you

Hiya. It's been two weeks and a day since Marble, Ale and I went to Dublin. I've finally made some time to make a post about it, though time is what I lack the most. Ugh, been looking through what I need to do this school semester, and just life in general. Usually I try to avoid planning months ahead, but I figured since it's been on my mind that I've got a lot to do this year, I'd get a better overview. And my chest feels a bit lighter now, because I can actually see through the fog! Lols, do appreciate some metaphors. Anyway, back to the main point about this post-- I bloody love Dublin. I think I'm going to make a post for each day spent in Dublin. And this is the first day. Thursday: «Departure day» 07.08.14. I went to bed at half one in the morning due to stressing about for a bit. This meant that I got about 5 hours sleep or so because I woke up at 4:30 am. I was walking to the train station in what felt like the middle of the night because it was completely silent everywhere. My luggage sounded like an excavator in the midst of all the silence. When I arrived at the train station, I spotted Marble quickly. We went to purchase our train tickets without much trouble. Once we got to the airport, we managed to get our luggage ready without trouble (which we did the last time we travelled together). We picked up some alcohol (gin, vodka and whiskey) at the duty-free, which was one of the best ideas we had. I personally thought the plane-trip was quite long. Maybe it was because I was tired, but unable to fall asleep. Or maybe it was my wish to be in Ireland as soon as possible. Who knows. When we finally landed, we went straight to the food (Upper Crust) because we were hungry and had to wait for Ale to land as well. As we were eating, we were trying to guess people’s nationalities as we were sat right by the escalator. I didn't partake as much, because I suck at these kind of games. After an hour and a half, we went to the arrivals to wait for Ale's arrival. Once we saw her, we hugged and went straight to the bus, which took us into the city centre. The minute we stepped off of the bus, there was a person who asked if we needed help. By then we had already started walking, but it was nice nevertheless. We found our hotel rather quickly due to a very handy app called Stay.com. I recommend it to everyone who enjoys travelling. Sally tipped Ally and I about the app, and it's one of the best things she's done, probably. We left our luggage at the hotel before we went to Grafton Street and bought ourselves some lunch. We had a little lunch in the crowded Stephen Green’s Park, and it was actually really nice. I can’t quite remember what happened after that, but I suspect that we explored the Stephen Green’s shopping centre (the first picture) for a bit, before we went to the hotel and checked in. We got refreshed before we went to explore more of the city. The supper was eaten at Wagamamas, which we had walked past earlier. I had some Pad Thai (picture number three!). The girls tasted of Sake for the first time, and their facial expressions were priceless. I've actually got a picture of them when they taste it which is quite funny. I got a Singha, which tastes like water compared to Sake. Before this we did a bit of pre-gaming. It was Marble’s take on being a bartender. She served Gin Russians, Vodka Cranberry, and other mixes. We ended up at the famous Temple Bar where we got to listen to a live band play traditional Irish music. It was a lot of fun, and we sat through the whole set. After that we did a bit of a bar hopping. We went through different pubs and listened to the live music, which seems to be at each pub in Ireland. We returned to Harcourt Street (second picture, though this is taken in the early day) late, and I fell asleep at 3:30 am, I think? Or maybe later, even. All I know is that I had a really great first day in Ireland, and it was the best start I could have had, probably. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar