onsdag 13. august 2014

I will remember your face, cause I am still in love with that place

I spent yesterday mostly moping around. (Not even Niall Horan could cheer me up). And though I had decided to go to bed early, I sat up until 2:00 am. I was listening to a playlist on 8tracks when All I Want by Kodaline started playing, and I just burst into tears. It's not like we even heard that song very often in Ireland. But we did listen to it a few times, and we did occasionally sing it because Kodaline is an Irish group. One day we even heard a street artist sing it, and you should have seen the smiles on our faces. It was like all the pieces were falling into place. I did read that the best part about being a cancer (horoscope) is that you're maternal, and the worst part is that you're over emotional. I think that really describes me well. I've still been a bit morose today. The thing is, I always go and fall in love with the places I travel to. Some places more than others (really fell in love with Paris, actually). And I always have these post-travel-depressions. However, Ireland has been in my heart for a very long time, and it's one of the only places in this world that I really have wanted to go. I've got a lot of wishes for where I want to travel, but going to Ireland has been a dream. I remember Allie telling me about that time she went to Dublin, and I was so in awe of her tales. Initially I was afraid that I was getting my hopes too high, and that I would be disappointed. But the trip really exceeded my expectations. It's not until now that I've realised that a place can be gorgeous, amazing, wonderful -- but it's the people who really makes a place. I went to Dublin already infatuated with the idea of Ireland. And I got home, in love with Ireland. And coincidentally, I'm listening to another playlist on 8tracks now, and it's currently playing All I Want by Kodaline. I'm not going to cry right now, surely. You know what? I'm just looking forward to another trip to Ireland, because this might have been the first, but it's not the last. See ya, Ireland. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar