torsdag 14. august 2014

What's wrong with the world, mama. People livin' like they ain't got no mamas. I think the whole world addicted to the drama, only attracted to things that'll bring you trauma

"Hand's up, don't shoot". I have just been reading about what's been happening in Ferguson, and I am absolutely enraged. An 18-year old black guy called Michael Brown was supposedly killed by a local police man in Ferguson. He was unarmed, and there were supposedly not any legitimate reason for the shooting of Brown. You can read more about it, if you care to educate yourself. It's frightening to see that we're constantly going in circles. We've not learned from the past, and to be honest, it doesn't look like we're moving much forward either. I believe that Brown will be another name in our history books some day, and it'll show that even in the 20th centuries, the world is struggling with racism in such a large scale, and dare I say so-- apartheid is still a thing. There's been a lot of focus on Ferguson as a consequence of the shooting, but I know for sure that it's not the only place in the USA (or in the world) that these kind of things happen. I am hoping that the rage that this case has caused will make a difference to the situation today. You should never say that things like discrimination, racism, etc. are abolished. There's injustice everywhere every day. The world is a beautiful place, but it's also ugly. Maybe that's what makes it interesting, but to be honest; I would rather have less innocent people die each day. I'm going to repeat the slogan or motto of the Brown shooting: hands up, don't shoot. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar