onsdag 13. juli 2016

I've been looking for you baby, in every face that I've ever known. And there is something about the way you love me, that finally feels like home

I've ordered things the past weeks, and the package I needed the most arrived yesterday, which was too late. However, half of the parcel is for keeps anyway. I'm wearing that half right now. It's kind of fun doing online shopping, because sometimes the package doesn't arrive until a week or so. You kind of forget what you've ordered, and then you get a little surprise when unboxing. I got my pictures that I decided to evoke the other week today. Stopped by the post office to pick up the parcel which weighed two kilos - it's almost 600 pictures. I started putting the dates behind my pictures a long while ago, and I quite enjoyed it. Today, however, it's taken me ages, and I'm only 1/3 through all the pictures. Also, I need to buy some new photoalbums tomorrow. Speaking of parcels, I did some damage before work yesterday. It's like I just decided that yep, I need new things in my life. Hopefully I can avoid making a too big dent. But skin care, mate. In Singapore, I stopped by an Origins counter, and the kind lady gave me some tests. A face oil and a night moisturiser. They were glorious, though expensive. Every time I think of expensive skin care, I think of a movie called 37 og et halvt (Norwegian). There's a scene where she's buying an eye cream, and it's around 1000 Norwegian kroner. Work yesterday was a bit stressful at the end, so I ended up staying longer than I was supposed to do. It sucked seeing as I had an early shift today. I've not had an evening shift, then early shift in a long time. So I was actually a bit worried about how I'd survive. Luckily I managed. Funnily enough, I was the most experienced nurse at work today, and I got a lot of questions about what, where, how. I kind of wanted to say "hey, I've not really been here all that much more than you". Me being the most experienced nurse on shift doesn't really ever happen. It's just that most people are on their holidays at the mo, plus there's illness. It's a good thing there weren't any unstable patients (well, more unstable than stable), and I actually managed to answer most things, helped out the others. And the nicest thing that happened during my shift, is that one of the patients who were discharged, came to find me just to say "thanks for all the help". It's nice to be acknowledged for the work you put in sometimes. I ended up staying a bit late, just because I assembled a sort of ventilator. We're supposed to always have one ready, but when the doctors wanted to play around with the equipment, I realised there weren't any pre-assembled ventilator. So I said I could do it, seeing as I've got the day off tomorrow anyway. Today I finally did a bit of exercise! It feels like it's been years, and it's always a nice surprise to realise that "yep, I still have some muscles". I fell out of my routine because of travelling to Vilnius first, and then I just spent most of my time planning and executing the hen party for my belieber friend. But now I'm back to mostly no commitments, so I've got the time. I ought to go to bed, but I'm kind of hungry. Midnight snack? Yes. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar