onsdag 27. juli 2016

a little less conversation, and a little more touch my body

Dammit, I've lost my hair tie somewhere. Been losing my Carmex's as well, though my belieber friend sent me a picture of a Carmex in their car. Pretty sure Lynx also has accidentally stolen one of mine. Oh my god, just went for a hunt round the house to see if I could find my hair tie-- I traced all of my steps, couldn't find it, only to see it on the bloody chair I've been sitting on. Right. Yesterday, work was a bit exhausting. To be honest, the past few weeks have been pretty busy. I can't remember last summer being as busy as this summer. At least we've been effective, and done a lot of things in a short amount of time. But it did mean that I was pretty tired yesterday, and I especially felt it when I woke up yesterday morning, and when I was on my way to town. I nearly fell asleep on the train. You know when your head just feels so heavy, and your eyelids are drooping no matter how many times you keep telling yourself to keep your eyes open. I was on my way to meet Gemma. It's been more than three months since Kiwi and I cried our eyes out in a taxi on our way to the airport, due to parting with the rest of our group. I jokingly told Gemma to meet me by a fountain with a red rose. I was there first, and waited patiently for her, people probably being suspicious of whether I was playing Pokemon Go or not. I wasn't then. After waiting for awhile, I finally spotted her, and we rushed towards each other to embrace. It's so strange, because it's been months, but it feels like it was just yesterday we left each other. I dragged her along shopping with me, cause I had a few things to get done. But I was so exhausted from work, I decided one store was enough. "When you said you were going to drag me along shopping, I wasn't just expecting one shop," Gemma said. We decided to sit down at a cafe with a nice view. We both had tea, both with something sweet to eat. I felt a bit British, though Gemma doesn't really have tea. We caught up, got the latest gossip from a few of our fellow travellers. She also told me about her travels after our trip together. After sitting down for for an hour (more or less), we met up with her younger brother and cousin, and walked to one of my favourite spots in town, sat down and spoke some more. I did play some Pokemon Go then. Anyway, Gemma had other family members come into town, so she had to get back at some point. It was around 8 pm, and I said she might want to get going. So we walked, parted our ways. "This time there will be no tears," I said. She laughingly agreed. Gemma is the one person I met on my trip that I instantly felt a connection with- it's like I've always known her. And yesterday was great because that feeling hasn't changed. I spoke rusty English, gesticulated when I could put words to my thoughts. It's very obvious I've not spoken English in a long time. Anyway, she thought the SALG sign was saying "slag". I am almost always guaranteed a laugh with Gemma. Pretty sure she's coming for my birthday dinner, which is nice. I nearly passed out once I got home yesterday, and I slept till nine am today. Luckily I have an evening shift today. I am just really looking forward to a bit of time off soon. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar