søndag 17. september 2017

take all of your savings out 'cause if we don't leave this town, we might never make it out

My plan for today was to work on my exam, even if it's Sunday, and I've decided Sundays are my days off. The deadline is coming up, and I am no near being finished. In fact, it feels like eons until I'll be done and able to have a celebratory drink. Alcohol is apparently making it's way back into my life, as I somehow decided to take up my habits from being a student. Alcohol is also the reason I've thus far not touched on my exam whatsoever, other than staring at my books ominously. It's a good thing most of them aren't even mine, and I'll be able to get rid of the sight of them soon. Yesterday, after doing a somewhat lousy job at trying to work on my exam, I forewent a proper jacket, and went outside to wait for the bus. Marble had suggested a Korean restaurant, and I've learned that it's usually a good idea to do whatever she suggests. So, we met up with my belieber friend in the midst of marathon runners. Well, they were done with their run, but there were a lot of sporty people around. It was a bit of a walk to the restaurant, however, it was also a straight line, which is always great. Marble and I tried some Korean Soju, which Wikipedia tells me contains quite a bit of alcohol in it. I was very eager to try new things, which might be a result of being a hermit and staring at my bedroom walls for the past week and so. Later on, I also finally got to try Aperol Spritz. I didn't know what it was exactly, but I've been seeing it everywhere lately. I even told Marble the last time we met, that I wanted to try Aperol Spritz. So on our quest to eat dessert, I tried some. Both alcoholic beverages were new to me, and therefore I cannot quite decide what's made me feel slightly hangover. BY TWO DRINKS, for gods sake. I will actually guess it was the Spritz, because my kryptonite is actually wine. And after a quick google, Aperol Spritz contains prosecco. Last time I had wine, I was almost drunk after half a glass. Also, bubbly wine is even worse. Generally, I don't do bubbly drinks whatsoever. Regardless, I had a bloody good time yesterday. I can only speak for my dessert, but it was bloody great. I am going to place it second of all the desserts I've tried in the city. We were all surprised by the dessert menu at this certain restaurant, because the last times we've been, it's been a pretty miserable excuse for a dessert menu. We talked a lot, Marble and my belieber friend even went somewhat political, and I mostly just despaired as a result of my negative thoughts about the future of the country (and world). I was expecting to be home quite early, and getting some writing done. However, I got home around 1 am, after strolling around town with Marble. We didn't end up going "out" like we'd want to, because neither of us has the patience to stand in line for an hour. However, I did finally figure out the location of the electronic club I'm probably never going to. Marble and I's conversation: "Oh, what's that?" "Oh, oh. It's not for us" "What, why?" "Well, it's electronica, which isn't really up our street" "Erm, how did you know about that place?". I tested out my limbs yesterday by falling on my knee and hands. This was before any alcohol got in the picture. It was in the morning, just walking out the door. It's a good thing it happened within my own garden, because I cursed in humiliation. And then I laughed. I think after I turned twenty, I became scared of the fragility of my bod. Things starts to ache, and you can't just shake things off anymore. I wonder, if when you're young, it almost feels like you're immortal because you don't really live with those aches that reminds you that you're getting older? I sure as hell wasn't being worried about possibly breaking my hip one day when I was fourteen and running around. The other day my hip hurt just because I was lying on it (it also happened this night too). "Are you serious?" I complained, to the body gods (surely there must be, if there are weather gods as well). I have cleaned my bedroom, and I will try my best at exercise this evening, and I might even open up my document for my exam. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar