lørdag 20. januar 2018

Just lie to me and ruin these memories, 'cause I've gotta forget somehow. So I'm begging you, burn us to the ground

Yesterday I left the lectures a bit early, simply because I was so tired I wasn't actually paying attention. There's got to be a level of value when it comes to attending lectures, and when that value disappears, you're essentially just wasting time sitting in a classroom surrounded by people. Ever since starting school, I have been very good at trying my best to pay attention, and arresting myself whenever my attention starts to stray. However, that usually starts becoming a hard job whenever my level of tiredness is higher. So I left school a bit earlier, went and finally did my grocery shopping. I bought three packets of gum at another store, and the guy at the till asks me if I'd like a membership. A lot of stores offers memberships nowadays, in hopes to sell more by advertising straight to your mail or messages on the phone. It's quite clever, but for consumers it can become highly irritating, which I find it nowadays. I asked him whether he thinks I'll save any money on a membership when I only buy gum at this certain store. And he goes a bit quiet for awhile, before he admits that "no, you're probably not. Although I really shouldn't tell you that". It made me smile, and I said: "I appreciate your honesty," in which he replied: "my boss probably doesn't appreciate it". It made me laugh, and also appreciate that people can be pretty decent. I wouldn't have a problem with gaining membership and getting discounts at a store which I frequent a lot. For example; I spend a lot of money on skincare, and I do have a membership at the store where I buy most of the skincare. Because of that I enjoy using discounts that saves me money. When I opened my packages on Thursday was it-- I'd gotten a travel sized version of Origins Drink up Intensive Overnight mask. Despite using products from the brand for years, I hadn't yet tried the mask, which is one of their most popular product. I think the thought of sleeping with a mask on was holding me back, but as I got a tester, I decided to try it yesterday. After getting home from my grocery shop, I felt pretty ready to go to bed. But you know, can't go to bed at 4 pm. I held out to 8 pm, before I decided to start getting ready for bed. So I put on a rose clay mask, which felt divine. And then I tried on the overnight mask. I do use masks on the regular whenever I shower, but they're so ingrained into my routine, it doesn't feel much like pampering. Although people who knows how long I spend on showering often asks me why I spend so much time on the task, will definitely claim it's a lot of pampering. It's not like I can deny it, because I use a face mask to scrub my face before getting into the shower, and then with washing my hair twice, and scrubbing my whole body, and then using a moisturising face mask after my shower, and then putting on body butter or lotion on my body, and putting on my skin care-- it takes hella long time. But it's all part of a routine I've done for years, so a shower entails something entirely different to me, than it does to others. So taking time to use face masks outside of my shower routine, feels very indulgent and luxurious. It felt perfect to end my evening with that yesterday. I'm not sure yet of my opinion of the overnight mask, but I'll continue using it. I woke up rather early on this Saturday morning, because of my early evening yesterday. Stayed in bed for two glorious hours before I decided to actually start my day. It's one of those things that I don't get to enjoy on the weekdays with school, but I gladly indulge in whenever I can. I'm spending my Saturday doing a wash of laundry, and then I need to read two chapters of curriculum by the end of the day. And eat some chocolate of course. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar