mandag 15. september 2014

I'm feeling something deep inside, hotter than a jet stream burning up

Hello lovely people! I've had the greatest weekend I've had in a long time. For once I didn't do any school work, and I did everything I wanted to. These pictures are from Saturday, when Ale, Marble and I spent the day in our capital, Oslo. We had already decided to go to Astrup Fearnley museum, but there were also a food market and book festival going on in the city. We had a little wander through the food market, but quickly decided to leave due to the amount of people. Then we went to the museum, which, at the first sight looked tiny. But it wasn't, and we saw a lot of different things. I think it's very interesting to look at contemporary art, because as the years have gone by, we've gotten a different perspective of what art is "supposed" to be. I always do feel a bit conflicted when I look at art, because I automatically think: "is this supposed to be beautiful?" and then I have to think, that it's not supposed to be anything to me. I'm supposed to make up my own mind about the art. Anyway, once we were done gazing at the art, we went to the shops and bought ourselves some snacks to enjoy outside in the sun. We sat on a patch of grass for sometime and talked a bit, and just relaxed. We hadn't exactly made proper plans for the Saturday, so we just decided to go with it for the most of the time. So we made an impromptu decision to go to the cinema. When we got there, there was only one movie showing at 4:30 pm (understandably). We did hesitate a bit, because none of us knew what the movie was about, nor were there any posters of the movie. But after going to the loo, we decided that "hey, it would be fun to just watch the movie without knowing what it's about". And that's what we did. We watched a movie called Belle, and we were pleasantly surprised by the movie. Initially, I thought maybe it would be a French indie movie. However, it was anything but. Once it was done, we went to find the correct tram. Marble was our guide on Saturday, and she had Stay.com on her phone, which is still the best travel app I've ever downloaded. Because she was so busy with trying to find directions on her phone, we stopped just outside Nationaltheateret. And we were lucky to enjoy a lovely performance of Landslide by a street singer. Definitely clapped once she was done. After her performance, we went to take the tram, and found our way to The Nighthawk Diner. This time I was in charge of the directions, because Marble was tired of being in charge. We all had burgers, and some beer. We sat there, eating, drinking, chatting-- until 8:30 pm, I think. Then we went for the loo, and headed off to our next adventure. It was the ending of the book festival on Saturday, and we wanted to go to the party for the ending of it because they were going to do slam poetry. It's been something I've sort of jokingly said I want to watch to Marble quite a few times. And she's done the same to me, but in all honesty, it's definitely something I want to see. Sadly we were late, despite the schedule saying something different. Oh well, next time. I'm going to keep my eyes out for anything saying "slam poetry". We ended up going to a bar where we quickly realised the age limit was 25 years. Oh dear, it's not the first time it's happened, and it's not going to be the last. Anyway, we went to Cafe Sør, where we enjoyed some drinks. I've walked past it quite a few times, and I've always wanted to check it out. Usually there will be some live music, at least when I've previously walked by. But on Saturday it was a DJ. I had a gin russian as usual, which I've found that almost no one has on their menu. But if you ask nicely, most of the time they'll make one for you. We were home at 11:30 pm, I think and it was strange because it felt really late, but it wasn't. We had just done so many different things. I forget sometimes how much I love Oslo, but my love has been rekindled this weekend. I have the late shift at "praksis" tonight, which in all honesty, I am not looking forward to. It's probably going to be all right, I just don't really want to leave the house, is all. I feel like I've just had a week off, and now I have to go back to work. Ale left not long ago, and it's strange how quickly she moulds herself into my life. She's been my personal alarm clock the past few days, knocking on my door to wake me. This particular morning, I woke up earlier than anticipated, and I caught up on my Tumblr dashboard. Niall's birthday was on Saturday, and my dashboard has been bombarded with gifs and videos of him. One of the things I was most disappointed with on this tour, is that they're not doing any proper covers. But usually, when they're thanking their band, they sing along to the song that the band is playing. On Saturday, Niall sang a short mashup of Beautiful Girls/Stand By Me, which I thought was delightful. I forget sometimes how much I enjoy listening to his voice alone. Anyway, I've really got to go get ready now. Have a nice Monday x. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar