tirsdag 23. september 2014

meet me there, bundles of flowers, we wait through the hours of cold

Good evening. I asked my sister "are you a feminist?", and she said yes. I then proceeded to ask my brother the same question. He said no, said he didn't know enough about it to make a decision. And when my sister and I tried to explain it to him, he told us we were wrong. My sister was enraged, and so was I. I said I'd write him a paper about it, and he said he didn't want to spend time reading it. "That is ignorance, d'you know that?". I muttered to my sister that there are loads of people just like my brother, and it's not so strange the world is like it is then. My point with this ramble, is for you to watch this speech by Emma Watson, which sums up quite a bit about the ideology, and the misconceptions. I am a bit stressed to be honest, I hadn't really thought my trip to my sister through. It is only one week away, and I've got so much to do. I've got curriculum to read each day, then I have to write papers for school, then I also have to find time to pack, not to mention-- to find a gift for my nephew. The thing is though; I've only got one day off before I leave. The rest of the days I've got "praksis" which is quite exhausting. I could probably go to "praksis", then go to sleep when I get home. When I woke up this morning, my first thought was that I couldn't wait to get home and get to bed (also, it's bloody cold now. Might as well be winter soon). But that might also have been due to my trip to Oslo yesterday. The kilo-gang was assembled for the first time in ages, and we had dinner at Vapiano. I tasted risotto for the very first time because I've been wanting to taste it for a while. Sadly I was mostly congested, and couldn't smell much. So it was mostly the consistency I could feel. We had a catch-up, and sat at the restaurant for a three hours almost? It was nice seeing them all. I did see Kiwi on Saturday, and I've been meeting Sugar sporadically (on the bus, at the hospital where we both have our "praksis", at the train station with Ale after the Pharrell Williams concert). But it was nice seeing everyone at once. When I got home, I watched X Factor UK, and it was really good. I am totally enamoured with Stevi Ritchie, though I don't think singing is the right thing for him. He just spreads joy, is the thing. And I can't stop smiling/laughing when I watch him. Also, I am in love with the banter between the judges, and how Simon calls Louis Walsh for "Lou-Lou". Speaking of X Factor related themes-- One Direction are releasing their first single from the new album, called Steal My Girl. Personally, I thought the same sounded awful, and I was afraid it would be a very poppy tune. However, I listened to a preview yesterday, and it is poppy. But not in the way I thought it would be. I must admit that I am intrigued. I am very excited for their new album. Oh dear, I've really got to go now. I've yet to read any curriculum and I'm supposed to be in bed by 10:00 pm. It doesn't look bright. Oh well, I'll endure. Have a good night's sleep if you plan on sleeping soon. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar