tirsdag 16. september 2014

clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Gah, I am absolutely shattered. My legs are barely in function. I'm usually fine after having a day-shift after an evening-shift, but I think adding that to the Pharrell Williams concert I attended on Sunday-- it's not strange my legs are nearly dead. Ale and I woke up a bit later than the previous day, and we watched X Factor UK in the morning because she's a good friend and indulges my wishes sometimes. We didn't leave the house until 3:00 pm, maybe. We took the tram to Grünerløkka, where we chilled for a few hours. We had a slice of cake each. Ale had carrot cake, whilst I had chocolate cake. We were sat outside in the nice weather, so we spent some time "people watching". It's always interesting, imagining how random people are. I introduced Ale to Mathallen, and she convinced me to eat sushi. Had avocado on mine, so, like, it appears that as long as something has got avocado in it, it's alright. Well, that's not entirely true. Anyway, the sushi was good, and I hadn't really expected else because we were at Mathallen, and I would expect the food to be good. We spoke English to a man who apparently spoke Norwegian. But hey, he started it, I think? I bought some organic tea that I've tasted at Lynx's place. Didn't really think about the fact that I was going to a concert later, did I? Oh well, my little bag didn't stop me from dancing along to Pharrell's songs. We were at the concert arena around 6:40 pm, and it looked a bit sparse with people. Our first action, once we had found our way in the darkness (it was really dark inside for some reason, and very steep steps by the entrance. It's a wonder no one fell), was to buy some beer. It went down rather quickly, though I can't say I'm good at drinking slowly. Because we were early, we got quite good spots, and it wasn't too long until Foxes came on stage. I've heard about Foxes through listening to the Breakfast Show with Nick Grimshaw. I'm not sure if her music is very popular in Europe, but I realised I had heard about four or five of the songs she performed. Ale had only heard one, I think. I was very surprised by that, but it's not strange if she's not very popular outside of the UK. Clarity, I think most people have heard. But then there's also Holding Onto Heaven, Let Go For Tonight, Glorious. You should definitely give her a shot. I personally think she's really good live, though I don't think we were her kind of crowd. I am really glad I got to see her live though. She sort of reminds me of Zooey Deschanel's character in Yes Man when she's dancing. I told Ale that I think Foxes is a bit of a strange soul. After she had done her set there was quite a bit of time of waiting. Ale and I had initially managed to get quite good spots with space. But then we had someone tapping on our shoulders, saying that we should move forward a bit, because there were people behind them trying to get our spots. I really did appreciate that, and I knew what she meant, because there was a girl on my side, slowly trying to get me to move by dancing and bumping into me. Can't say I appreciate obnoxious people like that, but we held onto our spots. Once Pharrell was on stage, everyone started cheering. I was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience of this concert, because I didn't think I'd enjoy it quite as much as I did. I hadn't listened to his album in preparation of the concert, and I had only heard two songs from his new album. So I was a bit anxious about how I'd get on, but goodness gracious-- he had such great dancers. I was absolutely mesmerized by them, thought they were fierce. And they were all different ethnicity, so that was really nice. One of the things I enjoyed the most about the concert, was how Pharrell constantly praised his dancers, his singers, his band, and just everyone- because he knows that there wouldn't be a show without them. And he also speaks so much about the power of women, positivity, and important things. It feels a bit like listening to him preach sometimes, and I don't mind listening. I was also surprised to realise that I recognised more than two songs, and it was ace when they started singing Hot In Here, Drop It Like It's Hot, Hollaback Girl, Milkshake, and others. My favourite was probably when he started singing Get Lucky, because the whole crowd started shouting the lyrics. What's also very important for me to enjoy a concert, is that the artists are enjoying performing. I don't know if everyone thinks about that, but it makes me smile when I see them smile. The concert ended with Happy, and screams and shouts and praise for Pharrell and all of his crew. When Ale and I were walking out of the venue a guy asked us if we were happy, and we answered yes. I asked him back, and he said something like "yes, now that you're here". Cheesy, but I've heard cheesier. He told us that we were "beautiful", and I told him the same back. From the subject of Pharrell to the subject sexism-- have you ever been aware of the fact that we learn to internalise that girls/women are beautiful, and boys/men are handsome? We've grown up learning to associate specific adjectives with men/women. I very rarely use the word "handsome" for a guy. I actually use "pretty", which in our society is also associated with women. But yeah, the point is, you should be more aware of sexism in the everyday life. Right, I must go to bed. Didn't really do any reading today, which means I've not opened a book since Friday. Which means I have to read loads tomorrow to catch up. Bah. Oh well, I've sort of got the day off tomorrow, and then I have the whole weekend off as well, so it's going to be fine. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar