tirsdag 21. mars 2017

I wonder if I'm good enough. But maybe I've just had too much to drink, to smoke, to swallow

Despite my recent discovery; I don't enjoy the "before getting on a plane" part, I had a very pleasant experience on my way to Bergen. The airport has undergone some major work the past years, and I think most of the work is done now. I was very impressed with the architectonic vibe I got from the new gate I was sat at. Bergen was great, busy and rainy. I went from the plane to a late lunch/early dinner with Ale. We then went back to hers, I said hello to her housemates and we chilled for awhile. Before it was too late, we started getting ready for the 90's party. Ale did my hair, and I personally thought it looked amazing. Somehow I forgot to take a picture (I did take one on Snapchat, but I didn't save it), in fact I've barely taken any pictures at all. We were planning on ending the night early, but we ended up being the last ones to leave the party. Went to bed at 3 am, woke up at 10 am. I had breakfast, dragged my hand luggage with me on the bus, and then I was outside Monchita's place. I basically got changed into clothing more appropriate for hiking. We stopped by the store to buy some snacks (chocolate) for the mountain hike. It was slightly snowy on the road we decided to hike, so both Monchita and I were having trouble with the slippery road. We did initially want to walk further than we did, but due to the snow and our lack of suitable shoes, we had to call it quits. It was a beautiful day, and most of the population was taking advantage of it. After a while, the sky got clouded, and it started snowing slightly. So we decided to descend the mountain. We stopped by a tourist information spot to ask about a boat we'd seen from the mountain. "We were just at the mountain and we spotted two boats which looked like that one, but bigger, and we were wondering if you know what they are?". The lady looked understandingly confused. We stopped at the store to buy groceries for lunch and dinner. It ended up being a really late lunch, so we had to have a late dinner. In the meanwhile, Monchita and I decided to go to the cinema. We watched Hidden Figures, and I can definitely see why it was nominated for several Oscars. I just don't see how it didn't win any. Both Monchita and I cried, there were clapping in the audience. I'm very glad I watched it. By the time we'd finished dinner, I was about to keel over. I was out two hours before my sister, and I only woke half an hour before her. I had a shower, got ready, and then I met Ale at a museum. We went on a guided tour, learned about the paintings. Afterwards we walked around by ourselves. It's a fairly big museum, and it's several buildings. So I'd say you should spend a few hours there. We didn't have that much time, so I'd like to go back some other day. We went back to Ale's, and while the dinner was in the oven, Ale attempted to teach me how to play chess. We ate, then we got changed into clothing meant for climbing. It's one of Ale's passions, I guess. I am afraid of heights, but it's manageable. It's also rarely something that makes me freeze up. That being said, I can never know when I will freeze up. When I saw the indoor climbing area, I was shocked by how tall the walls are. I watched Ale and her ex climb the wall before I got to go. My pulse was skyrocketing, and my nervousness was almost palpable. A few metres up, and Ale and her ex told me to let go, to trust that I was safe in my harness. It was the right thing to do, and I had to do it a few metres up again. It got really apparent to me that I didn't have the right muscles to do climbing, but I tried three walls, and I'm happy with that. After saying goodbye to Ale's ex, we went back to her place, where we watched Lights Out. I kinda can't believe I said yes to watch the movie, because I've involuntarily watched half of the trailer on Youtube, and it looked like one of those I'll have nightmares about forever. To my surprise, it wasn't that bad. I went back outside in the rain because I had to get back to Monchita's before it was too late. She had school the next day, so she went to bed before me this time. I did, however, wake up when she woke up. So I was quite tired yesterday morning. But it did mean I had a few hours for myself. It's so easy to forget the importance of having time for myself. After a few hours, Monchita was back, and we got ready to go shopping. We were looking for a dress for Monchita to wear to our sister's wedding. Within an hour of shopping, we found her a new coat and a dress. I'd say it was quite successful. Ale met us at a sushi-place, and then we wandered around the city, looking at shoes and whatnot. In the end we decided to eat dinner, and I ordered a lot of food. The waitress asked: "are you sure you'll be able to eat all of it?". I obviously had to share with Monchita and Ale, because I wouldn't have been able to eat all of it by myself. We sat for awhile, just chatting really, before we ran outside in the rain. Monchita and I said our farewells to Ale, then we walked back to Monchita's. I sat down for a few minutes, before I had to grab my luggage and be on my way. It was a great trip in other words, but it was also very packed with activities, which means I was pretty tired. I managed to loose my umbrella in the toilets at the airport-- I went to look after my umbrella once I realised I'd forgotten it. But it was gone. When I got home, I also realised my face oil had leaked in my rucksack. Luckily my Le Pliage rucksack is nylon and waterproof. But both of these things really sucked all of my energy last night. I slept for ten hours straight, and I'm so happy I'm back in my own bed. Felt like heaven. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar