tirsdag 28. mars 2017

Could you take my place and stand here? I do not think you would take this pain

Instead of finally picking up the book that's been collecting dust on my bedside table, I started watching Please Like Me. I was just browsing Netflix the other day, and I came across it. In the description, it said something like "the same day Josh gets dumped by his girlfriend and realises he's gay, his mum attempts suicide". I've binge-watched the whole four seasons in two days, and it's given me so much. It's somehow quirky, funny, and so bloody honest. It's all the small details, and it's so real. It's a fucking gem, sprouting all of this wisdom. You think you're just watching a breakfast scene, but when you think about it again, you realise they just delivered something so wise. It's like when a dancer makes their dancing look deceivingly simple-- because that's how good they are! I feel the same way about the writers and directors for Please Like Me. The series has confused me greatly. Food seems to be a focus (especially the intros), then they've sometimes got amazing shots of the magnificent nature, but it's also a regular drama/comedy show, it's bloody everything. I think it's confusing me because I've never seen something like it, but thinking about it, does make sense. It's confusing just like life, because it's a television show that portraits life so brilliantly. I genuinely think it portraits so many aspects about life, and happenings that people go through. I actually think it's the best television show I've ever seen when it comes to comedy dramas. But also, just in general. I just really appreciated watching a television show that was a good reflection of actual life. And did I mention the attention to details? Because they did it so well. Sadly it's only four seasons, and I didn't realise that whilst watching it. In my head, there would be more. I wasn't ready for it to end, I am kinda furious about it. Regardless, I'm grateful to have found this gem. Despite the great weather yesterday, and the fact that I got to wear this jacket out for the first time, I had a bit of a shit day. Just one of those days where it feels like you've failed. That being said, I did manage to screw up the ratio of water in a soup made from a bag. But whereas I'll have days where I'll just laugh of doing something like that, yesterday was a bit more self loathing. In the end, I knew my day would be better once today. Before noon today, I'd eaten breakfast, washed the dishes, put on a load in the washing machine, vacuumed the carpets in the house, washed the tables, washed my own face. It was sunny today as well, and less windy. So after hanging up the laundry, I sat down at the stairs with a diluted cup of tea. It was lovely, just the feeling of being warmed up by the sun. Also, fresh air is one of the best things I've been fortunate to encounter in my life. Mid-dinner making I realised I'd forgotten cranberry jam, and apparently it's vital for me, because I just couldn't imagine eating dinner without. So I quickly got dressed and ran out of the door-- well, I walked really briskly the metres it takes me to the closest grocery store. It felt funny at the moment, because it felt like watching a sitcom where one of the people have just finished making dinner, and one says "oh, where's the sauce?" and then they have to wait to eat until they've gone to the store, bought the sauce, and then made the sauce. And by then the food's gone cold, and it's all a fail. I hadn't finished making dinner, so I had the time to get the jam. But it still felt silly that I'd find the cranberry jam to be so bloody vital. Ugh, I'm still fucking annoyed Please Like Me is over.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar