onsdag 5. september 2012

we both know it's a cruel world

(You know how you have this scan app on iPhone? I totally tried to scan my wristband. Sadly it didn't work though).
Is it weird if I said the surgery was a blast? Probably. But it was. What I was surprised about was that I enjoyed the surgery most. I had expected to enjoy the wearing a hospital gown and lying in a hospital bed the most. And I was even awake during the surgery. Well, half-asleep. You know, heavily sedated. My nurse anesthetist said that the drugs I were on, was like a truth serum. And she was probably right. I might or not have told one of my doctors that he didn't look old, that my teacher is kind of a hag, and a few different things. But the important thing is that I actually made the whole crew laugh like multiple times. I suppose I have underestimated my skills to make someone smile or laugh, and it gives such satisfaction, because I know a smile or a laugh can mean everything. I also got compliments on my body butter (SPAresource coconut body butter) to my surprise. According to the information I got in my mail, I had to shower the day I was going to have the surgery, hence the scent still evident. One of the receptionist told me I smelled really good, which surprised me, because I was holding a plastic bag that smelled really yucky. So I said "are you sure it's me though?" obviously confused because the scent of coconut was long gone from my nostrils. The only thing filling my nostrils was the yucky smell of plastic. "Yeah, you smell like summer. Like I just want to go back on holiday," she smiled. "I suppose I'm just trying to elongate the summer," I shrugged. Both the receptionist had a fit of laughter, which again definitely surprised me, seeing as I didn't intend on being funny. But there you go, you should totally go and buy the body butter. As of my surgery, I could feel the pressure when my surgeon was .. well to put it nicely - poking my body. It was an odd sensation, but I had thought that it would be all scary to lie there awake. However, now as I've experienced it, I wouldn't have taken it back. I didn't really have any aches or anything. I just felt a slight discomfort. But now as I'm pretty sure all the meds are out of my system, I'm feeling a bit more sore, and almost a bit vulnerable. Like, I can't jump without wincing slightly. And that's too bad, because it means I'm not able to jump up the stairs, or run for that sake. Which again means I might have to postpone my running goal for #Shaytember even more. It's a bit annoying, but what can you expect? The body is a wonderland, but it needs time to heal. Right now I've just finished reading a chapter about hygiene and likewise. And now I'm going to write some notes, before I read some more.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar