lørdag 1. september 2012

you light up my world like nobody else

I'm walking on sunshine. Hiya! I woke up today by the sound of a text message in a really heated bedroom. I guess we'll have a little repeat of summer before it's finally gone. I haven't watched Shaytards or anything related to it in months. And I guess I do feel a bit guilty every time I see a new video popping up in my subscription box. And I know Shay did a video or something about how people wish "the old Shay" back. He responded with something like that he didn't want to go back to that life, where he was overweight and had a struggle to be a good dad, and just generally doing things he'd like. But who would? Who would go back from losing over a hundred pounds? No one really. But I will admit that I too miss "the old Shay". But not his body. His wit, his humor, his pep talks, etc. Mostly his humor. I don't know, but there is something with Shay's humor these days that don't appeal to me. Today when I woke up, however, I did watch a Shayloss video. I've always loved those, because Shay Carl can be such a good speaker. His pep talks are so effective. They somehow always make me think. The video was about something named #Shaytember - which basically is a month where you set a lot of different goals. It's full of Shay-logic. If you really want something, you can actually do it. Sure, there are some goals that takes longer to reach. However, if you really sit down and plan, you will probably reach it someday. I didn't realise that I had missed his pep talks this much, and so when he told everyone to take five push-ups with him, I did. I have decided to join in on the #Shaytember. My goals are to run once each week. Training and fitness always get neglected when I start school, because I'm so busy. And whenever I'm not reading for school, I like to take a break on the computer. And then there's no time left for fitness. And as the years has flown away, I've only become more aware of the importance of fitness. I've never really been good at eating healthy. In fact I like to stuff myself with unhealthy food. Our body is a masterpiece really. We take it for granted. And I know that someday your heart might just stop. Or a brain bleed. Or anything like that. You have to be aware of those kinds of dangers too. Not just the dangers out in the world. Have you ever watched House? Then you'll know what I mean. My other goal is to finish reading the chapters in Anatomy and physiology that I've missed. And then it's my last: I want to be able to do a fish braid. Yes, simple as that. You don't actually have to set really big goals. But just set some. I'll link to the Shay Carl video here, if you want to be motivated to do something too.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar