lørdag 12. januar 2013

Hiiii xxx. I’ve obviously gone all British, haven’t I? Oh, I wish. Get ready for a really long post. Or just don’t read at all. I won’t be bothered – after all, this is for my enjoyment only. Yesterday was actually really fun. Like, the most fun I’ve had in quite a while. We started at my friend’s flat with her flat mate and some fellow classmates. And basically, we were chatting and playing games whilst my friend was playing old school songs and kept shouting “if you don’t know this song, then ..” and gave us a disappointed face. It was really amusing, because the first thing I heard when I walked inside the door was her shouting “girl power”. I guess you can call her a bit of a feminist. Well, not a bit. A feminist. And then we danced around to old Britney Spears’ songs and span around (quite literally – I was lifting my friend whilst spinning around). The birthday girl came over and we danced even more. And at 11:00 pm we were supposed to leave for this nightclub. Except we didn’t really leave until 11:30 pm. That’s what you get with drunken people going to the loo every second, and people trying to remember their id (alright, I tend to forget my id whenever I go out, so my friends pester me about it). And guess what? We got into the club for freeeeeee. Everybody loves free stuff, don’t they? I do feel a bit like a parent when I go out with people. When it’s only people I know, I’m not too worried; because I know they can take care of themselves and won’t go running off with someone. But with people I don’t really know that much, I get a bit more worried about. And I am right to be worried when someone runs right out in the middle of the road, am I not? Thing is, we were attending some kind of event for law students, because my good friend aka birthday girl is a law student. Imagine really posh people. Yeah, law students are kind of like those. I spent most of my time at the dance floor to be honest. And when Teenage Dirtbag was played, I was kind of in euphoria. Just really really happy and excited. And finally I have some friends who also appreciate old school music. 

The thing about dancing at the dance floor at nightclubs is that at some point you will be felt up (I guess it mostly counts for women, although there are probably a lot of women with grabby hands. So lads, watch out). Or yeah. So here’s a scenario. At one point you are dancing with you friends, having the time of your life. And then a guy shows up beside you, brings his arms around your waist. And you think “whatever”, because you are happy and dancing and having the time of your life with your friends. All of a sudden you’re not really dancing with your friends, but with him. And you are way closer to him then you were originally. And his hands are definitely roaming your body in a non-platonic way. And this time you think “well, that escalated quickly”. But still you continue, because, you’re just dancing, right? And then it’s like oops. Because is that his hands down your pants one second, and then his hands leading your own hands down his arse? Yeah it is. And here is the cross road. You can continue this thing. Or you can run off like Cinderella. Except you don’t lose one of your shoes. Your choice. 

After losing my friend’s flat mate (she ran away with someone), we took a cab to a kebab shop. Because we were hungry and tired. Well, most of us were. To our dismay, the kebab shop was closed when we arrived. But then another taxi driver rolled down his window and hollered to us that there was another kebab shop hundred meters away. Turns out that was closed too. So when we gave up the hunt for some kebab, we decided to go to another shop we knew was supposed to be open. But then we stumbled across another kebab shop, which indeed was open. And there we met a med student, who was really nice. And smart too. We started quizzing him about blood circulation and hormones just to check if he really was a med student. And he was. Apparently he was being a good friend to his friend who had just broken up with his girlfriend, by shagging him (most probably a joke). And I suggested that he’d spoon him afterwards too. And then we got a “how to” spoon lesson, which was quite amusing if I may say so. Also a bit charming. His friend, however, was not so charming. Basically he said that nurses suck, at which I gave him the finger and decided to not speak with him anymore. Honestly, at that point I wasn’t really talking to anyone as I was struggling to shovel some kebab in my mouth with my shaking hand (very very cold). And then some drunken man decided that this was a good moment to speak to us. I think he asked if we were all liars, and that he hated liars. I said something like “there are loads of liars in the world”, and he answered “is that so?”. He continued chatting to us – well, me and the med student, because I’m pretty sure the others were still arguing with the douchebag friend. Well actually, mostly just to the med student, because I had again turned my focus to my shivering hands and kebab. So when the med student turned to me in confirmation of what he’d just said to this drunken man that hates liars, I just nodded along as if I knew what he had been saying. I think it was something about  .. actually, I really don’t remember. Nevertheless, I said to the drunken man that he shouldn’t hang with us because we were a bunch of liars. And I guess he kind of took my word, and went away. I’ve got to say; drunken people can be quite fascinating sometimes. Especially if it’s your friends. They can say some real shit sometimes. 

Nevertheless, we said our goodbyes to the med student and the douchebag friend and walked home to my friend’s. I think I went to bed at 3:30. Or maybe it was 4:30? I don’t know. All I know is that I had a hard time falling asleep and woke up quite abruptly at 10:00 am. I don’t quite know what it was. Maybe the sudden warmth, or the fact that I was sleeping in someone else's bed, or the fact that this bed was in another direction than my bed at home. After rolling around for a few minutes I decided to get up. And there was my friend, cleaning up after yesterday’s shenanigans. After a while my friend who lives in this flat woke up, and her flat mate who we lost yesterday showed up at the door. And after trying to call her a thousand times yesterday, I was a bit relieved. Even if I’d only known her for 12 hours then. We ended up watching Bridget Jones (because we were singing all by myseeeelllf, don’t wanna be.. yesterday). And midways of the movie, the birthday girl strolled in after sleeping sound for  several hours more than the rest of us. The thing is (I do say this phrase quite a lot, don’t I?), that this flat has a really nice view and a good window to sit in and enjoy a bit of people spotting. And that’s basically what I did most this morning. 

After arriving at home, I decided to finally do some cleaning. I’ve been saying to myself that I need to clean my bedroom for weeks. I’m the kind of person that cleans very thoroughly. So whenever I do clean, it takes me ages. And I guess that’s why I’ve been postponing it. Until today. Today I rearranged the furniture in my bedroom, stacked away my brothers things. Because my current room used to be my brothers’. And I’ve never removed his things, because I still think of it as his bedroom. But I did today, and god – so much dust. I hate dust. So now I’m actually using my closet for clothes, and my books are finally out on display. Right now I’m watching Idol 10 years. And wow. So many memories! And I can’t believe that I actually know the names of most of the people. I think Idol is the only reality show I’ve been following throughout the years. Everything else has just not won me over I suppose. People – my broseph is leaving tomorrow. Which is why I’m sitting in the living room right now with my brother. It’s hard whenever my siblings go back home, just because - well obviously I like having them here. But now my brother has been here for three weeks. So I’ve gotten used to having him back home. And now he’s leaving yet again. I remember when he moved from home. I was quite gutted actually. Oh well. We must enjoy the time we have with loved ones the best that we can muster. And then life goes on. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar